Better with Vacation Memories

The next day Nina woke up with a terrible headache. The memories from the last night were blurry. She was feeling nauseated, her head was pounding, all she wanted to do was sleep and when she tried to eat, her nausea got worse.

She remembered only how she danced all night, how she didn’t stop drinking and for that period of time, she really had completely forgotten about the terrible pain in her heart.

But it was Derek beside her all night and she clearly remembered Julianne’s words ‘You need a boy to entertain you’, so they could had done anything. And here, the nausea got even worse.

God, how could she even do something like that?

Nina was lounging on the bed and couldn’t stop thinking about last night, trying to remember the things that happened. She wasn’t even looking around to see where she was. But when she got up, she saw the room and she sighed of relief.

It was Julianne’s room, the one they slept in when Nina was coming to visit. It wasn’t a different room. So, she was positive she didn’t do anything with Derek.

She dressed up, used the bathroom and got downstairs, where she found Julianne, drinking coffee.

"Morning sunshine!" She smiled widely, looking happier then ever.

"Morning." Nina opened her eyes widely and sat beside her friend. "God, I have a terrible headache."

"Here, have some coffee." Jules grabbed a cup and poured some in it.

Nina grabbed the cup and took a sip from it. “You know, when I say that I have a terrible headache, it means that I was totally drunk and I don’t remember anything so you’re supposed to remind me some stuff.”

"What if I was drunk too and I don’t remember anything as well?"

"Oh come on, we both know if you didn’t remember anything you wouldn’t say that." Nina took another sip and put the cup down.

"Okay, okay. You drank too much and I brought Derek to entertain you. You two danced all night."

"Is that all?" Nina lifted her eyebrows.

"I don’t know! I wasn’t with you all the time, I was having fun too!"

"Oh god!"

"Why don’t you go and ask him yourself? He’s sleeping in his room upstairs."

"Are you crazy? I’m not going to ask him anything."

"That’s the only way you find out. Maybe you two kissed, who knows…" Julianne shrugged and took a sip from the coffee.

Nina sighed and got off the chair.

"Dob? You’re not going to run away like the last time, are you?"

"No. I’m not going anywhere. This is the distraction I need. My apartment is too oppressive and I can’t handle being there all the time."

"Oh, poor you." Julianne spread her arms open. "Let’s hug." Nina got closer and they hugged. "I’m glad I can distract you."

"Yeah." Nina pulled away and smiled lightly. "Can we just go to the beach now? Just the two of us. I need this headache to stop." She opened the fridge, looking for something that wouldn’t make her nauseated again.

"Of course! Beach time! No other people!" Julianne got up, excited.

"Thanks." Nina smiled.

"You don’t have to thank me for being a friend." She laughed. "Let’s put our swimsuits on and go to the beach."