Prologue

He was watching through the window. What he saw was only a night, rainy London street. No people. And it made him miss her even more. He enjoyed the sound as he watched the rain rolling down the window. Kinda reminded him of bad old times. Their start wasn’t all pink and full of rainbows. But he didn’t have to feel bad about it because they have found their way back to each other. And that’s all that mattered.

He was in London, for work. Of course, it was work that was chasing them everywhere. But it never bothered their relationship. The problem was that they were missing each other. All the time. They couldn’t help but dream about each other every night. He, her long, brown, curly hair and her beautiful doe eyes. Her soft lips, her cute nose, which he loved to kiss by the way.

And her, dreaming of his black raven hair, his ocean blue eyes, his arms wrapped around her tight. His throat. She was attracted to his throat. She liked to run her fingers down his throat. He liked it, too.

She was in Atlanta, at home, spending time with their furry ‘kids’, as they like to call them. Their cutie pies, their kittens Moke and Jama-Lynx. She had to go to her yoga class soon, so she decided to call him, tell him goodnight, I love you, stuff like that.

She grabbed her phone and she searched for her ‘Babe’, when suddenly her ‘Babe’ called her himself. Again, they were thinking about each other at the same time. She smiled and clicked to answer.

"Hey babe." He spoke softly to her. He always spoke softly to her.

"Ian." She smiled even more as she heard his voice. He smiled as well as he heard her voice, saying his name.

"How are you? I’m calling because I’m going to bed soon, I wanted to hear your voice before I fall asleep."

"I know. I was gonna call you but then you did and…" She laughed cutely. He loved her laugh. "We always do that."

"This happens all the time." He laughed.

She smiled, hearing him laughing. She missed his smile and his laugh. “So, what’s happening in London?”

"Right now, nothing. The convention is tomorrow."

"Oh. Did you eat? What did you eat?" She was concerned about him. She needed to know if he’s alright so she wouldn’t worry after that.

"Yup. Some fried eggs. I’m full." He laughed.

"Phew. I made a chocolate cake yesterday. Is it raining?" She was trying to dress up. It was hard but there was no way she was ending the call.

"It was, but it stopped now. Mmm. Save me some." Ian adored his girlfriend’s cakes. He just couldn’t resist. She cooked great.

"Of course I’ll save you. I can’t eat it all alone." She laughed and laid on the huge bed. "Ooh. I’m lying on the bed right now. I’m hugging your pillow. It smells like you."

"I have something yours, too." He teased.

"What? What is it?"

"Check what is missing."

She stood up, looking around. She searched in the underwear locker, when she noticed that her favourite black underwear wasn’t there.

"Hey!" She laughed. "Ian…" She loved this ‘Ian’.

"Nina…" And he loved this ‘Nina’.

"I want you to come home."

"I will be back soon, it’s just tomorrow baby."

"I know, I know. I just miss you." She was trying to dress up again, for her yoga class.

"What are you doing?"

"I can’t dress up. I’m going to a yoga class." She laughed.

"Oh. Dress up then. Bye, pookie."

"No, wait!" She put her phone on the bed and dressed up in clothes, suitable for yoga.

He laid on the bed, ready to fall asleep. He just didn’t wanted to end the call. He couldn’t get away from her.

"Hey? What are you doing? Are you watching the match or it’s over?" She spoke again.

"No. I’m sleeping." He said in a sleeping voice.

"Why didn’t you tell me? I’m gonna leave you then. Goodnight."

"No, don’t."

"You need some sleep, Ian. I won’t bother you. I love you, goodnight babe." She put her phone in her bag and went straight to the building where she was gonna have her yoga class.

"Love you too, Nina."