Better with A Dog

Ian was back in the apartment now with all his stuff and their orange tabby cat Moke. Nina and he were still fighting sometimes and it was still very hurtful but they stuck together no matter how hard it was sometimes.

Nina was doing something in the kitchen, when she saw Ian with her narrow field of vision. “Hey babe.” She said cheerfully, then she turned to him so she can see his face and her eyes locked on the dog, which was standing next to Ian. “Ow. And who is this?” She smiled and walked to them, then started caressing the dog.

"I rescued her from traffic. And I have her a name." Ian smiled as well.

"Her? I thought it’s him." Nina laughed softly, then leaned down and continued caressing the dog. It seemed to enjoy it a lot.

"Yeah, it’s her." Ian laughed. "Nietzsche."

"N…what?" Nina laughed again. "It will be hard for me to pronounce it. Will you keep her?"

"I don’t know. I don’t have time. Maybe she will stay with Jessica sometimes. Anyways, what are you doing?" He got closer, kissed her lips gently and moved his hands on her back, caressing her.

She pulled away and whispered. “Some cleaning.” Then, she pressed her lips back on his and kissed him.

"Mmm." He pulled away after a while and smiled at her. He noticed Nietzsche wasn’t paying any attention to them. She probably rolled her eyes when she saw them kissing. "Poor dog. She attacked Moke’s water immediately." Ian laughed.

"Let’s walk her." Nina suggested.

"Okay, a night walk. I love it." Ian smiled. "I just got her a leash."

"Remember when I was awkward around you?" Nina walked out of the apartment but kept talking to Ian.

"Yeah you were pretty cute, honeybun." He attached the collar to Nietzsche’s neck.

"And now I don’t even care what I’m talking about." She giggled and started walking down the stairs.

Ian put the leash on the collar’s D ring. “That’s a good thing.” Ian walked down the stairs with the dog following him and got closer to Nina and kissed her gently. She kissed him back and then they got out of the building.

They walked on North Avenue hand in hand with Nietzsche following them. It was quiet at that time and it was dark. They liked night walks simply because almost nobody could see them. They hated being seen by someone. They loved their privacy.

"Do you really want to spank me when I’m playing Katherine?"

"Oh yeah. I want to spank your butt."

Nina giggled but then looked at Ian provocatively and changed her voice. “You don’t really think I would let you do that, do you?”

"Hahah. Babe, I wouldn’t hurt you. Just joking." He kissed her cheek and kept walking.

"I know. I just provoked you. I was playing Katherine."

"Yeah, saw it in your eyes." Ian was holding the leash with his right hand and cuddled Nina, wrapping his left arm around her body. "You’re amazing."

Nina smiled and kissed his lips. “Do you want a night with Katherine?”

"I would love to have one." He touched her lips with his and kissed her again.

"Can I?" Nina looked at the dog and stretched her hand to the leash.

"Yeah. Of course." Ian smiled and lend the leash to her.

"Come on Nietzsche!" Nina started running forward and the dog started running after her, feeling free.

Nina was laughing happily and the dog started running faster, pulling her with it. Nina laughed even loudly and ran after it. Ian was staring at them with a smile. He loved her laugh so much. He found himself staring with an idiot smile on his face for too long, so he started running after them.