The One with The Beautiful Morning

-What do you want?

-I want whatever you want… :)

A golden ray appeared in the sky early in the morning. Nina watched as the large glowing sphere rose slowly into the dull morning sky, casting sunbeams in every direction while it illuminated the city. Nina stared out the glass panes as the colors made by the rising sun changed, growing more vivid with the passing time and making the sky more radiant as it climbed higher and higher.

The morning was so beautiful. She turned around and saw Ian sleeping next to her. He was such a handsome man. With lips - slightly full: the kind that end in a cute little smirk at the corners.

Nina raised up and noticed the little chubby tabby cat, laid in the corner of the bed. She got closer to it.

"Who is the cutest one here?" She spoke with her funny voice and caressed Moke, who was laying on the bed, with her fingers. The cat seemed to enjoy it so Nina continued.

When Ian heard her voice, he turned to her and smiled.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Good morning." He smiled even more and got closer to her.

"Good morning Smouldy. Tell me what happened last night?" She giggled and laid back on the bed, gazing in Ian’s bright blue eyes.

"Uhmm, we just fell asleep." Ian yawned and stretched, then continued talking, as Nina was listening and showing interest. "The floor was cold and uncomfortable and I woke up in a hour or so. You were still asleep, so I took you to the bed."

As the sun went down, night dropped on the rural world like a heavy curtain, hiding everything. The darkness that swept over this landscape of sand and shrub swallowed every road sign. Travelers passed major intersections without ever knowing. The absence of light was so complete that not even shadows could survive.

Nina walked to Ian’s place anyway. He was happy to see her, they sat in his living room and drank beer while talking. They didn’t notice when they moved on the floor in the hall. When it was time to send Nina away, Ian found himself unable to get up.

"You can’t go home." Ian said serious and after a second laughed softly. "Sorry this sounded scary. I mean when you decide to go home I will come with you."

"You can’t, you’re drinking now." Nina pointed the beer.

"I’m not going to drive."

"Oh okay." Nina yawned and they cuddled up on the floor.

"Are you drunk? Be honest." Ian laughed softly and ran his hand on her hair and down her back, caressing her.

"Are you?" Nina laughed as well.

"Not exactly. But I feel sleepy." He rested his chin on her head.

"So do I."

"And I can’t get up, I really can’t." Ian took a breath and noticed his eyes were closing.

"Don’t. I want to sleep too." Nina wrapped her arm around him tightly. "But I will drool on you."

"Do it."

And then they fell asleep on the floor. The room got dark like blackness, thick as velvet and the darkness engulfed the world…

"I don’t remember." She ran her hand on his bare chest unawares and smiled cutely. "Sorry for bothering you."

"You’re not." He smiled and pulled a lock of her hair gently. He always acted playfully with her when he was happy. And at this moment, he really was since she had stayed at his place and she had slept in his bed and she was still there, giggling and looking so beautiful…