Better with Joy

The familiar warm feeling appeared as he showed up behind her and wrapped his arms around her body. A smile crossed her lips and she turned, so she could face him and placed a soft kiss on his lips. Then an agonizing feeling clenched her stomach.

"Why didn’t you eat your dinner?" Ian leaned to kiss her lips one more time.

She narrowed eyes. “What dinner?” She had completely forgotten everything. Right now all she wanted was to tell him what had happened.

"Did you forget?" He looked at her confused, grabbed her hand and they went straight to the kitchen. Ian had promised a dinner to his girl and that was what she was getting.

But something else was on her mind. “Your mum was here today.”

Ian narrowed eyes and asked. “Why? Did she do something?” He took a plate.

"It doesn’t matter." She smiled.

"You can always tell me if there is something going on, baby." He kissed her cheek.

"Well, you know how she talks about me."

"And I also know that all of it is bullshit. You shouldn’t pay attention to that."

"But she’s right."

It seemed like everyone were against them. Her new friends and some of Ian’s relatives. Especially his mother Edna, who was constantly talking crap about Nina. And sometimes Nina was feeling like she’s just not good enough for Ian.

"Nothing she says is right." Ian put the plate on the table. "What did she say now?"

"No." She looked at the plate and shook her head. "You can’t just cook for me and call me babe and pretend I’m the best wife when I know I’m not. I don’t think I deserve you. You are the best human being and I think you should find someone who deserves you for real."

Silence followed and he gulped. His heart started beating fast. “How can you say that? I’m me when I’m with you. Otherwise I don’t feel like I exist. And yeah, you’re not the best wife. Sometimes you piss me off, like right now and I want to punish you, but I’m just gonna give you a kiss and tell you I love you because

it’s the truth.”

A light laughs escaped her sore throat and she hugged him as a tear ran down her rosy cheek. She was feeling so bad, she was just hurt of Edna’s words and she didn’t know what she was talking about. He wrapped his arms around her tight, hugging her and kissed her head.

"Please don’t ever go. Don’t leave me."

"I’m not going anywhere. It’s just me and you. I love you." She whispered, looked up in his blue eyes and kissed him. He lightly sucked her lower lip in his mouth then caressed his lips in hers softly and gave her a few kisses.

She pulled away and giggled. “I want to eat my spaghetti.”

"I totally forgot about that."

"Whoaaa what a storm." Nina sat down on the chair, grabbed a fork and tasted the spaghetti, as Ian closed the window. "Did we caused it with our intense talk. I guess I overreacted a little."

"Everything is fine." He caressed her hair. "But don’t ever let anyone talk to you like that."

"I won’t." She smiled, then giggled, brights shining in her eyes and put the fork with the spaghetti wrapped around it in his mouth.

He swallowed and laughed softly. “They’re terrible.”

"No, they are not!" She kept giggling cutely. "They’re just cold."