Chapter Four

Nothing has ever affected Michael so much in his life before, to make him want to change to make things better for others. Why did his saving grace have to have gone through so much to be here?

What Paige told him last night was the ultimate test of his love for her and he passed, and now he has to clean up his act for her.

He's not going to let himself be another on her list of people who have let her down.

His unlimited love for her has given him a new purpose.

He's going to make sure he doesn't just let her down, but his fans, family, and children as well.

Paige had pleaded with him last night to quit any bad habits not for her, but for Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

"Knowing from experience, you cannot make your children go through that. You don't want their childhood ripped out from underneath them, too," she said.

And that one sentence had really hit him hard; he did not want his children to grow up like him, without a childhood.

He's found this newfound inspiration in Paige and the way she lives. She grew up tortured, abused, and neglected, yet she still remains one of the most kindhearted people in the world.

She inspires him to be the best he can be for her and for his family. And maybe in some way, he can make up for all she has suffered in her lifetime.

Last night he promised Paige he would quit bad habits and he would be there for her, forever and always.

And Michael is going to make sure he withholds that promise to her until the end of time.