Chapter Thirty Nine

Paige temper flares, "You've got to be fucking kidding me!"

She's pissed out of her mind.

No more dancing, and most likely no more walking.

She just wants to get up and run out of the room but she can't.

Michael can only just look at her, he knows the pain, he's a dancer too.

Michael asks Lockhart, "When can she be released?"

Lockhart sighs, "Probably about two days. She's in stable, healthy condition. But she's going to have to go to physical therapy every day. And she's going to be in a wheelchair."

Paige just glares at him, but she knows it's not Lockhart's fault.

She doesn't know who it was that did this, but they endangered Paris, almost killed her, killed her baby, and now made her unable to walk or dance.

Then she wonders what she actually is capable of when she asks Lockhart, "If I'm paralyzed, then what about sex? Will I be able to have children?"

Michael instantly blushes and puts his hand to his head, "Paige, you don't need to ask that!"

She looks at him, "Of course I do!"

Then she turns to Lockhart expectantly.

He shrugs and says, "Well you're capability to have children in itself should be fine. As long as the impact of the crash didn't damage anything, which I don't think it did. The matter of having sex, on the other hand, is a little more complicated. While your body is capable of it, the nerves can be completely different. Most cases there is still feeling, but in some cases there is not. It's just going to have to be figured out carefully."

Lockhart makes a glance at Michael and he turns away in embarrassment, "Oh my God."

Paige thinks about this, but it doesn't sound too good.

She thanks Lockhart and he leaves them alone.

Michael turns back around, "Why did you ask him that?"

Paige is surprised at him, "I had to. Don't you want kids?"

Michael explains, "Yes, of course I do! But you didn't have to ask him while I was here! It's so embarrassing."

Paige giggles at Michael, "He knows we're married Michael. I was pregnant before, he knows how that happens."

Michael just shakes his head at her, she really doesn't care what anyone thinks.