Chapter Twenty Three

The officers stand up but they allow Paris to sit in the chair in the hospital room.

"Okay, Paris, can you begin by telling us about the event and what happened?"

Paris looks down at her clasped hands, "Paige was more in it all, but some security guards went outside and Paige followed to see what was going on. Apparently there were protesters of our family outside and then we all heard this bang."

She shakes her head, "I don't know, it could have been a gun shot. Then Paige and the guards came rushing in and we ran out to our cars because the protesters had begun making their way inside. So Paige and I got in our car and the guard got in his. We were driving and then this black SUV, a Tahoe, got in front of us and separated us from the guard. Then another just like it came from the other side and the one in front stopped to make Paige stop so the other could hit us full force."

Paris is going through the event in her head again and the images pain her.

The officer asks, "Did Paige react in any way?"

Paris swallows and says, "Yeah, she, uh, turned the car to the right and put her arm in front of me. The SUV ended up running right into her door."

The officers nod, "And can you remember anything else about the SUVs? A tag number, people through the windows?"

Paris shakes her head, "No, the windows the blacked out. I didn't see a tag and they just drove away before the police and ambulance could get there."

Paris brings up her hands and starts molding them to go along with her words, "It was so fast and precise, you know? Like a bult of lightning almost. They just came and went, but all the damage was still there."

The officers try to assure her it's okay but she starts to shake, "I wish I could help more because I really want to catch them! I experienced it all too! Everyone out there sad about Paige, they didn't see it! They didn't see HER. I thought she was already dead. I thought I watched her die right in front of me..."

Paris cries and one of the officers pulls her into a hug, "Shh, look at me. We ARE going to catch them. And there will be justice for Paige and for you, too. Okay?"

Paris nods and tries to wipe away her tears.