Chapter Thirty One

Chris runs around the halls to find Lockhart.

He finally spots him leaving a patient's room and runs up to him.

"Doc, you gotta replace Paige's propofol! Just for a couple hours. She can't wake up while Mike's gone. I made him a promise!"

Lockhart puts his hand on Chris' shoulder, "I'm sorry Chris, I can't do that. The tests finally showed the clearance of swelling we've been looking for and we can no longer keep her on the drug or she'll become addicted and it's a very dangerous drug when it's not needed."

Chris glares at the doctor and shrugs his shoulder at the end to get his hand off.

He looks up to the ceiling and throws his arms in the air, "I can't believe this!"

As he runs back to Paige's room, he whips out his phone to call Katherine.

She's the only one in his phone who isn't performing right now.

"Katherine! We have an emergency. Lockhart isn't going to refill the propofol for Paige so it can wear off and she can wake up anytime in the next couple of hours."

He's looks at the TV and paces the room as he's stressing out.

He hears, "Wait, what? No! Michael's performing right now. He won't make it on time to see her."

Chris has to keep calm, "That's what I'm saying. What do we do?"

He can hear Katherine sigh in the phone, "I'm backstage right now. I don't want to make any decision for Michael. I think we should let him know and he can decide what he wants to do."

Chris takes the phone away and punches the air, "Shit!"

He puts the phone back up to his ear, "I can't believe this is happening. Do you think it's the best thing? Michael's gonna freak."

Katherine replies, "It's the only choice we have."

Chris sighs and nods frustrated, "Okay, get someone to tell him at the end of this song. I'm sorry, I tried my best but Lockhart insisted on not refilling it."

Chris wants to punch a wall but he hears Katherine say, "It's okay, Chris. It's not your fault. We love you for being so helpful. It's time Paige comes back to us now."

He can hear noises in the background and then, "I have to go tell Michael."

Chris looks at Paige and says, "Good luck! You know how much love he loves her."

Katherine gives a little chuckle, "Yeah, I know."

She hangs up and Chris turns to the TV to watch it all unfold.