Chapter Twenty Six

Just as Michael finishes talking to Paige, he hears, "Man, that's some real emotional shit right there."

Michael instantly recognizes the voice and smiles as he looks up at his friend, Chris Tucker.

He gets up and wraps his arm around Chris as they hug, "I'm so glad you're here!"

Chris pats him on the back, "Yeah, man, sorry I wasn't here before. I had to finish up my tour."

Chris pauses to look at Paige and then asks, "How is she?"

Michael gives a slow nod, "Okay. She woke up already."

Chris is shocked by this, "What in the-?!"

Michael giggles at Chris' reaction, "She woke up but she was practically paralyzed and couldn't breath, so now she's in a medically induced coma for about four more weeks."

Chris sighs and rubs his chin, "Man, I'm sorry, I know this is definitely not what you want to be going through right now."

Michael looks at Chris and for the first time he almost feels calm and gives Chris a grin, "You know, Paige is a fighter. She's going to get through this. I'm sure of it."

Chris smiles and pats Michael's back and then works his way over the side of the bed, "Damn, the last time I saw you was at your wedding. Ya know, I've never seen two people better for each other, Mike. I'm real happy you found your girl."

Michael blushes and smiles, "Yeah, me too."

Chris turns to Paige, "Hey Paige, it's your brother-in-law Chris here. Do I sound like Michael yet?"

He begins to mimic Michael's voice and some of his dance moves, "Oooh, girl, you rock my world. Rock, rock, rock my world! Ooh, girl, you rocked my world, it feels so right girl!"

Michael's laughing and bobbing his head as he watches and then Chris does the signature kick with his left leg.

Michael cracks up and then kicks with his right leg to show Chris the right way to do it, but Chris kicks with his left leg again.

Michael bends down as he laughs and holds his stomach.

Chris laughs and says, "See, Paige, I'm just like your man here!"

Michael hugs Chris and tells Paige, "Don't believe him! He kicks with the wrong leg!"

Chris chuckles, "I love you, Man."