Chapter Seventeen

The next morning Michael goes to the front desk and informs them that his family be talking to the crowd outside.

"Don't worry, I have my security and there's going to be ropes so nothing will happen," he says.

He goes back to the hall outside Paige's room where his family is at, "Okay, the hospital knows. Are you all ready to go face this?"

Janet stands up besides him and says to him, "Of course, Michael. You're not in this alone. We're all right here by your side."

She gives him a hug and he says, "Thank you. I love you."

She smiles and says, "I love you, too. Now let's go."

Michael; Paris, who is now officially released; Prince; Blanket and the rest of the family walk outside with security.

When the crowd sees them coming around the corner, they all clap and cheer.

Michael waves at the crowd as he takes a position in the middle with his family around him.

His security was able to bring a microphone and speaker so the people can hear him.

He waits a couple minutes for the crowd to calm down before he says into the microphone, "Thank you! Thank you all for your support. My family and I are forever grateful to you. As you all may already know, my daughter Paris and my wife Paige were involved in a car accident yesterday afternoon," he pauses to contain his emotions, but he notices a flash from the back.

A camera, from a TV reporter.

You have to be kidding me, he thinks.

Then, he continues, "An accident which has left Paige in a coma with severe trauma in the brain."

The crowd makes a sigh of both pity and anger at the news.

"Paris, although, is fine and she would like to say a few words," he says as he wraps his arm around his daughter's shoulders.

Paris takes the microphone, steps forward, and says, "I would just like everyone to know what a great person Mom, or Paige, really is. When she saw the SUV was going to hit us, she blocked me and moved the car so it would hit her and not me."

She puts her arm up to her mouth to hold back a cry and Michael places his hand on her shoulder for support.

She continues, "And I love her so much for that! And no matter what it takes or how long it takes, we are going to find the people responsible for doing this because no one should have to go through this."

A tear falls down her face as she turns and the whole family gathers together in a hug.