Chapter Seven

Instead of being driven in the limo, Michael decides to drive Paige to the restaurant himself.

During the ride over, Michael holds Paige's hand with his right hand and steers the car with his left.

He pulls up to the front of the restaurant and hands the keys to the valet when they climb out.

A host comes out and tells Michael, "We have made the arrangements you requested, Mr. Jackson. Would you like to come in?"

Michael places his hand on Paige's back and as they walk in, Paige notices the whole place is empty. "You rented out the restaurant? I thought you were all about spontaneity," she says.

Michael replies, "Yes, but like I said, not tonight."

The host leads them through the restaurant and out onto the back patio, which has been adorned with lights and lit torches. The radiating lights brighten up the darkening sky in the sunset.

"I can't believe you did this, Michael," Paige says as she looks around, blown away by the sight.

They are seated by the host and then waiters walk out holding trays of food, which they set on the table before all bowing in unison and walking off.

After Michael and Paige are done with their meals, Paige looks at Michael as he smiles at her and she smiles back at him and says, "Thank you for doing this, Michael. This is so beautiful and I don't know how I deserve all this."

Michael thinks to himself, It's now or never, and he gets up from his seat and takes her hand. Paige gives him a confused look, but he just brings her over to the end of the patio overlooking the river.

He turns to face Paige, looks her in the eye, and tells her, "I don't know how I deserve you. I look at you every day, Paige, and I see this absolutely stunning woman who holds so much more power than she will ever know. I see this woman that can make the world fall in love with her by simply smiling. I see this woman who is wise beyond her years and offers sage advice for whoever is willing to listen. And, most importantly, I see you, who somehow finds a way to spring back to life every single time someone tries to suppress you. I see the person who has given me the greatest love I've ever known."

Then, he gets down on one knee, pulls a box out from his pocket, and opens it to reveal a ring. He continues, "And now I'm just hoping I am enough for you to give the greatest everlasting love to, you and me, for the rest of eternity, by being my wife. Paige, will you marry me?"

By now, Paige is crying, and she gives a quick nods and answers, "Yes! Of course I'll marry you!"

Michael jumps up and pulls her into a hug before he kisses her. He tells her in between kisses, "I love you."

Then, he takes the engagement ring out of the box and slides it onto her finger. He looks at her and she smiles and tells him, "I love you too, Michael."