Chapter Thirty Two

Katherine finds the stage manager and he runs out and stops Michael just as he's about to start the next song.

Janet and all the brothers are also on stage.

Chris watches the screen from the hospital room nervously.

The stage manager whispers in Michael's ear and Michael turns so the audience can't see his face.

Then he lifts up his arm and rests it over his eyes as he sinks down to the ground and cries out.

This is the moment these last four weeks have all been leading up to.

Janet rushes over and asks the stage manager what's going on.

He tells her and she puts her hand over her mouth in shock.

Michael stands up and she walks over as he wraps his arm around her and cries more, "She's waking up. She's gonna wake up! We're going to have her back!"

Janet begins sobbing herself, "I know! I know. It's all going to be okay now!"

Michael pulls away and Janet uses her fingers to wipe away his tears and even out his makeup.

She asks quietly, "What are you going to do?"

Michael replies, "I have to go to the hospital. I have to be there."

Janet nods, "Do you want me to-?"

Michael interupts, "I'll tell them."

He turns to face the audience and takes a minute to breath.

He can barely make out, "We just received word that Paige is going to be waking up any minute."

The audience allnsimultaneously stands up and whistles.

Chris is watching Michael, getting teary eyed himself admiring him for being so strong right now.

Michael chokes up, "The absolute last thing I want to do is disappoint my fans, but right now my family, my wife, needs me."

The audience cheers and peoples call out, "We love you!"

Michael smiles gratefully, "I love you more. Thank you for your understanding."

As Michael begins to hug his brothers and Janet before he runs out,  Chris tells Paige, "He's coming back. He's coming for you!"

He takes a look back at Paige and notices a stir.

He whips around to see Paige's eyes flutter open and she looks straight to the TV at Michael.