Chapter Twenty Nine

It's been almost four weeks since the crash and the reports have been good.

They all show a decrease in swelling in Paige's brain and Lockhart says they should be able to let her wake up soon.

Michael is so excited he can't contain himself.

He counts down the days, hours, and minutes until he can see Paige wake up.

Of course, with the excitement also comes nervousness that she has memory issues or pain.

Michael feels bad because he can't be there everday since he's rehearsing for the performance in two days, but he sleeps over every night.

Michael is extremely grateful he found Paige and was lucky enough to marry her.

Now he's hoping he can be lucky enough to get her back again in good health.

Michael sits by Paige's side and looks at her resting face for the millionth time.

He's seen her so still for so long, he has to work to remember the way her eyes gleam when she smiles, and how she always holds his arm when she laughs.

He remembers her walk and her habit of going up and down on her tiptoes when she stands still.

He remembers him sitting in the back of the auditorium during auditions and watching this girl with the confidence to be in the front master one of the hardest dances he's choreographed.

The time he handed her the CD for the next round of auditions and felt a spark when their hands touched.

Her teasing comment on the song selection and his surprise at the confidence she gave him to wink at her.

He remembers her coming up to him while he was practicing and joining in on the dance with such ease.

Their first kiss when the song ended and how she didn't even bother to wait for him to make the move.

The way she stood up for him against Prince, "Don't ever say that he is not what you think, because he is more than what you think!"

The first time she spent the night and Michael had to calm her down when she had a flashback of her foster dad tying her to the bed.

How proud he was when he walked the red carpet of the Grammy's with her.

The feeling he got when he would tell people, "This is my wife, Paige," during their honeymoon.

And how his heart dropped when he got the call in the studio about the crash.

Michael knows that no matter how many ups and downs there are with her, he will forever be grateful of his love with Paige and he will always love her.

He leans down and kisses her and then curls up in the chair to sleep.