Chapter Forty Five

Paige and Michael get ready for their date tonight and Paige decides she wants to do something to atleast make herself look good since she's in a wheelchair.

She wheels into the master bathroom and heats up the curling iron as she applies her makeup using a portable little mirror.

When she's done with her makeup and the iron is heated, she tries to start curling a strip of her hair but she quickly realizes this is going to be a lot harder task than she imagined.

As she's trying to curl the strip of hair without burning herself, Michael walks into the bathroom dressed in his suit.

"What are you doing?" He asks, taking in the scene before him.

"I'm trying to curl my hair," Paige replies simply.

Michael rolls his eyes at her playfully, "Well yes, but why?"

"Well if I'm going to be going on a date with you in a wheelchair, I want to look atleast somewhat graceful," Paige explains to him while she stuggles with the iron.

Michael rushes to her and takes hold of the iron, "Here let's take that out of your hands before you burn the house down."

Paige gawks as if she's hurt by that comment, "Ah, I can do it just fine on my own for your information, I just don't have a mirror to work with in this darn chair."

Michael giggles and says, "Here, I can do it for you, okay?"

"You know how to curl hair?" Paige asks, surprised.

Michael points to the curl falling down his face and says, "I think you're forgetting I grew up in the entertainment industry and I have this hair."

Paige thinks about this, "Yeah, I guess I should have guessed you'd be pretty skilled considering your fashion choices."

Michael furrows his eyebrows, "I'm just going to think that was meant to be a compliment."

Paige laughs and Michael begins combing through her hair.

He wraps the first section in the iron and holds it for fifteen seconds before releasing it and letting the perfect curl fall onto Paige's shoulder.

"How's it look?" Paige asks him.

"Just wait and see," he teases her.

"Ughh," Paige sighs and Michael laughs.

Michael works his way around until he finishes the last section of hair, "Done!"

Paige jumps in her seat, "Yay, can I look?"

Michael gets the handheld mirror and brushes the curls around Paige's face for her to see.

"Holy crap," she says when she looks in the mirror. "If I had known you were this good I would have gotten you to do my hair a long time ago."

Paige looks up at Michael and he's staring at her.

"What?" She asks.

"Nothing," he says, putting the mirror down. "You just look gorgeous that's all."

Paige smiles at him and asks, "So you ready to go?"

Michael shrugs, "Considering I have no clue where we're going because you won't tell me, I guess so."

Paige nods teasingly, "Okay then, let's go."