Chapter Thirty Four

Paige watches the TV screen and sees Michael come walking back out.

She has a million worries and questions running through her mind right now, but she decides to ignore them because this is the first time she's been able to see her husband since she kissed him goodbye the morning of the crash.

As she watches him perform with his family, Paige feels so peaceful to be able to hear his voice and she closes her eyes to take it all in.

She can barely move because she's still drugged and completely exhausted, her muscles haven't been exercised in four weeks.

She knows she's going to need physical therapy to be able to be the dancer she once was again.

But she lets this all drift away and she lies there looking at the TV.

For the next couple hours, she's so happy watching the love of her life.

The man who stood by her and she was able to hear talk to her.

She relaxes knowing everything will be okay since she has Michael, his children and family, and the possibility of their own family.

Then Paige's thoughts stop cold.

Her heart starts beating like crazy as she uses all her strength to slide her hand over her now flat stomach.

Before it had a tiny little bump that's now gone; it held a tiny little baby that's now gone.

Paige can't keep the sobs in as she cries out.

She alarms Chris and he demands, "Paige, what's wrong?!"

She cries the hardest she's ever cried in her life and she can't stop.

Chris tries to calm her down, "Paige, what's wrong? It's okay. It's all going to be okay! Concentrate on Michael. Watch Michael on TV!"

The tears are clogging her eyesight and Paige can't find the TV.

Thinking about Michael makes the pain worse for her because the child was his.

She begs between sobs, "What happened?"

She pats her stomach to signal the baby to Chris.

Chris stutters, "Uh.. um, Michael or the doctor should tell you. Uh, I can, I can go get the doctor."

Paige shakes her head slowly and begs with a hoarse voice, "You tell me. Please."

Chris sighs, he feels so bad for her, "Your body got hit in the crash and caused you to miscarry. I'm so sorry, Paige."

She looks at him and begins sobbing again.

Chris hugs her to comfort her as she cries and cries.