Chapter Twenty Two

Katherine is comforting Michael when Tito walks in.

He points back out the door and says,

"Um, there's some police officers in the hall and they want to talk to Michael."

Michael looks up, "What?"

Tito explains, "Yeah, they're the ones assigned to cover the accident."

Michael sighs and gets up, "Okay."

He walks out and goes up to the officers.

"Mr. Jackson, we would like to speak to your daughter about the accident, get some information from her."

Michael, programmed with his distrust, instantly replies, "No. You're not going to interrogate my daughter."

One of the two officers replies, "Well, sir, we're going to have to. Especially if you want us to find the people responsible for all this."

Michael looks back at Paris and as much as he doesn't want her to be involved with the police, he wants to catch those crooks more.

"Okay," he says, "But I want to be with her."

The officer tries to responds politely, "I'm sorry, sir, but we can't allow that. We need to talk to her alone."

Michael glares at them for a couple seconds before he nods and calls Paris over, "These gentlemen are going to talk to you about the accident. Please try to tell them everything you can remember so we can catch the criminals."

Paris looks at the two officers uneasily, "Do you think we can catch them?"

The officer responds, "Well, we have statements from witnesses at the event that afternoon and the security. And we're hoping with the information you can give us about the crash, we'll have enough information to identify the individuals."

Paris nods and looks at her Dad.

Hopefully she can remember enough to help with the case, but it's all such a blur now.

The image she always sees from that afternoon is Paige knocked out after the crash and her own hands around Paige's face as she's trying desperately to get her to stop bleeding and wake up.

Paris turns back to the officers and then follows them into a separate room.