Keeping Bad Secrets

(Chloe's POV)

As I carry my suitcase and hand luggage bag down the stairs, Mom and Dad were waiting for me. They had booked me a cab to get to the airport, which had arrived earlier than expected.

"Chloe, I want you to take care of yourself, and make sure you're being supportive of Beca," Mom said, taking my hand. She mumbled "She's going to need it" under her breath, making me slightly confused.

"Of course I will, she's my best friend. I'm sure everything will be fine." I replied.

I walked outside onto the driveway, where my Dad's new car was parked at one side. I dragged my suitcase out before giving both my parents a hug. "I'll miss you guys" I say.

"We'll miss you too. Be careful." Dad said.

I put my suitcase and hand luggage in the boot of the cab and sat down in the front seat. I waved my parents off as we left the estate.

"Chloe, right?" the cab driver asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"What's the occasion? Where are you going by yourself?" he seemed confused, just like anyone else would be.

"I'm going to Atlanta, USA. I used to live there with my best friend and we used to go to university and have jobs round there. I moved here with my parents, and there's been speculation that something is going wrong back there, and so I'm going to sort it out." I explained. Thinking about what Beca is going through makes me feel really tense every time it's mentioned, but I don't even have any idea what's been happening.

The cab driver was shocked. "Wait, how old are you?"

"I'm 28," I replied. "My friend is 26."

"Oh right." he said, before putting the radio on, and not speaking to me for the rest of the journey. I've always said the cab drivers here are a bit weird, ever since I moved.

I get to the airport and find the receipt in my bag. I tell the lady at the desk my name and my flight number, and she checks me in and asks me to lay my luggage on the scales. It goes through perfectly, and I walk through the metal detector things to get checked. I luckily managed to get through okay, which makes a change because normally I get stopped on them for no particular reason. After this, I go to buy myself a drink and some food for the plane, before quickly going to the bathroom. Once I finished, the plane had arrived and I was allowed to go to the room where we wait before we can get on. Nobody was sitting down, and we all ended up in a queue at the door to get our passports checked. I get my passport out my bag, and show the lady at the door it, before I finally get to walk out to the plane. It finally started to feel real that I was actually going back to a place I called home, to see my best friend.

*****

I sat on the plane and waited for it to take off. I receive a text message from Beca at that moment, which brought a smile to my face because I hadn't heard from her for a while. It read:

"Hey sweetie, hope everything's okay. I've been fine, but I miss you more than ever. Wish I could see you soon, I'll call you tonight or something. Love you xxx"

By Beca's 'tonight' I should be at her house, so I'm safe. I put my earphones in and smile, as the plane takes off.

*Chloe's Dream*

Still living together, Beca and Chloe were having a chill night. They always enjoyed those. Chloe was tired though, as she'd been up all night thinking about something. She had been thinking about it for a while, but now she was sure. The thing is, Beca wouldn't feel the same about her. Chloe had started to have feelings for Beca. Living together and being best friends for years meant they spent a lot of time together, and Chloe had recently began to feel different towards Beca. She felt as if she couldn't go there because she thought that Beca didn't feel the same, and it would ruin their friendship if she told her.