Rip Up The Letter

*I have some news in the Author's Note at the bottom so please read it and comment your thoughts, or email me (oops spoilers😂)

*****

(Chloe's POV)

The note was pushed through the door, and me and Beca just stood there in silence for a few moments.

"What now?" Beca questioned.

"God knows, let's just go down," I say. We walk to the elevator and open up our postbox. The letter looked like a legal document, and as soon as Beca saw it, she gasped and put her hands over her mouth.

"What?" I asked.

"It's something to do with the eviction. It's from the same people I got the notice from," Beca replied.

"Well at least you're going to come with me anyway and you don't need the apartment after 2 days time, so we'll open it but there's no need to worry, okay?" I said, taking Beca's hand as she looked visibly panicked.

"Yeah true, thanks Chlo, it just gives me that weird feeling because of last time. I panicked and I cried and it was horrible." Beca replied.

"Don't worry Beca, you're doing great. Try not to think about that" I said, while we walked back into the apartment. "You're stronger than you think."

I closed the door and opened up the letter so that Beca wouldn't have to read it. It said:

*****
Eviction Warning
Miss B Mitchell and Miss C Beale

It has come to our attention that the rental for your apartment has still not been paid. Unfortunately, this means that you have one day from the date this notices arrives to leave the building. We apologise for any inconvenience, but it is against the law for the rental for an apartment to not be paid.

*****

"Yeah Beca you were right. It's basically just saying you have until the end of tomorrow to leave the building. There's no problem with that. It's going to be okay." I say. We are leaving tomorrow to go to the airport, and everything is pretty much packed so there's no problem.

"Can I rip the letter up?" Beca said in a sweet little voice.

"Of course you can, if it makes you feel good," I said, as I hand the letter over to her so she could rip it. I never knew someone could find so much joy in ripping up a letter. But then again, it's Beca. She's weird as hell, but that's the way I like it. She's amazing.

Once Beca had finished ripping up the letter, I grabbed the bin from the other end of the room and let her put it in there, but then she had an idea.

"Chlo I just had the best idea. Can we burn it?"

"Beca! What's got into you? You've not even had anything to drink..." I say with concern.

"I'm just genuinely pleased my life is going to be on the up soon. Can we go behind the flats to do it?" Beca said with a giggle.

"Yeah come on then," celebrating that tomorrow is the day we've been waiting for for a while now.

Beca ran down the stairs with the ripped up pieces of paper in her hand. We went into the back garden of the flats, and as I lit the fire pit with my lighter, Beca threw the pieces of paper into it and held my hand.