The Client

(Chloe's POV)

"Beca wake up!" I screamed. Our alarm went off ten minutes ago, but Beca was so tired that she couldn't get out of bed. Last night, we had been having a very long conversation about her day at work, and we were up until goodness knows what time this morning, which is why she won't wake up now.

*Flashback to Night Before, no ones POV*

"Beca, can we talk about today? I really want to know exactly what you did." Chloe said, eager to know how Beca's day went.

"Alright, well come and sit on the sofa then," Beca replied. She walked over to the sofa in the bedroom and sat down, waiting for Chloe to sit down next to her.

"So, your day, what happened?"

"So after you dropped me off, I went to front desk and met Daniel, my boss, who was waiting for me. He said he had listened to some of my demos because you sent him links to them, and he said they were amazing. Then he showed me into my new office and told me what he wanted me to do, which was make an advertisement online for aspiring singers who want their music produced, and do a mashup for him. I got my advert up quickly, so I spent the day working on mixing. The problem was, I had no idea what songs to mix, whether I wanted fast or slow, I don't know it was just, a bit stressful I guess." Beca started.

"Oh, so that's why you were a bit upset during the day?" Chloe questioned.

"Yeah, I was just worried he would be angry. Anyways so I ate my lunch, and it was amazing, and carried on trying, but it didn't work, and I started to panic, but tried my best not to cry because I didn't want to ruin my makeup and I didn't want Daniel to notice. But then dad called me, and we talked about work, he told me not to panic, and then we were just talking about life and how he is the only biological family member that I have left, and then he was asking about David. I told him I was okay and staying strong but when you are asleep I cry a lot, and then... oh shit, wasn't supposed to tell you that part! and then he said he did the same with Sheila and we just talked and that was it. Oh no..." Beca began to trail off.

Chloe had no words. She wasn't annoyed at Beca, but she just felt that sense of sadness rush through her in a moment. All she could do was wrap her arms around Beca and give her a tight hug.

"It's okay, you can't always be strong, it's always going to hurt you, but you're going to be fine, okay?" Chloe said. By this point, Beca was weeping quietly on Chloe's shoulder.

"Come on sweetie, it's really late, you need to get some sleep," Chloe started.

"No wait, I didn't tell you what happened next! This is the good bit." Beca said. She wiped her tears away from her crystal blue orbs and held Chloe's hand.

"I got an email saying that someone was coming to me for their music. They had saw the advert and phoned Daniel, and he recommended me. It felt amazing. She's starting tomorrow," Beca said with a little smile.

"All the more reason to get some sleep now, you don't want to be falling asleep when trying to listen to her music, do you?" Chloe said, pulling Beca off the sofa and walking her over to the bed.

"Beca, just know that you can tell me absolutely anything. I'm not going to judge you, I'll just support you and be there for you, okay?" Chloe said. Beca nodded and lay down on the bed. She was asleep in minutes, and Chloe followed behind not long after.