Come With Me

(Beca's POV)

Getting in the car again with Chloe felt amazing. Having her here with me in the last few days before I get evicted is making me feel a lot more comfortable. Yes, in the back of my mind it's worrying me, but I don't want to upset Chloe by talking about it. I love her smile so much, and I don't want to make her lose that smile.

"So where do you fancy going?" Chloe asked me.

"I don't have any money, Chlo" I sighed.

"Beca, I've told you I'll buy you some stuff. You deserve it" she said, looking over to me while she was driving the car. Wait, let me correct that, while she was driving MY car. I still don't get why she's driving it, I can drive and I'm perfectly capable of driving. Seriously, she can be way too overprotective sometimes.

The last time I had been to the shopping centre was when I bumped into Julie and had that conversation about Chloe with her just before David died. I had also seen my little cousins, Georgia and Layla. Those girls are the richest. Their part of the family is really rich, and they're always out spending money for new things. That's why I wasn't surprised to see them at the shopping centre again today. They were shocked to see me with Chloe again, as they knew she had moved.

"Chloe?" Georgia questioned.

Chloe walked up to the girls for a quick conversation, just so she could explain what was going on while I stood next to her twiddling my thumbs. They're literally complete opposites which is pretty weird. Georgia is loud and chatty, and is always talking to anyone she meets, whereas Layla is more laid back and she's a lot more quiet and polite. Obviously I love them, but their part of the family love to brag about what they have. Their dad is my mom's brother, so we never go there anymore seeing as I haven't seen my mom since I was very tiny. I've always wondered what my mom was like. David remembered her, but I wasn't even a year old when she abandoned us, so I've always grown up with just a dad (and Sheila unfortunately). David used to tell me stories about mom when I was younger, because he felt comfortable talking about what she was like. It stopped him thinking about all the bad stuff that happened with her, and talking about her made him feel like she was still there with us. There's days where I worry that I was an accident so she left, or that she didn't like me when I was born and she couldn't handle me because I was a pain in the ass, but David always said that her and dad never got on very well. He was 7 when mom left, so he remembers a lot more than I do.

By the time Chloe finished her conversation, Layla was sat down on the bench texting her friend, while Georgia was still chatting away like there was no tomorrow.

"Wow, your cousin is so chatty!" Chloe said.

"Yep, she always has been" I giggled, wandering around the shopping centre with Chloe.

*****

(Chloe's POV)

As we pulled into the driveway, Beca was staring into space. She was perfectly fine earlier, so hopefully nothing is wrong now.

"What's wrong Becs?" I ask her, gently tapping her on the shoulder.

"Oh, nothing I was just thinking" she replied. I believe her, and walk inside to the elevator.

"So, what's on your mind?" I say, just trying to make conversation.

Beca stayed silent for a while longer.

"Beca?!" I say as I raise my voice slightly, giving her a shock.

"Oh sorry Chlo, I don't know why I keep doing that. What were you saying?"

I giggle quietly. That's the Beca Mitchell I know, not paying attention to anything.

"It doesn't matter" I reply, leaving the elevator and walking to the apartment door. I unlock it with my old key and go inside. I switch on Beca's computer and log in again, with the password 'Bellas123'. I needed to tell her my news now.

"Chloe? What's going on?" Beca asked.

"You'll see!" I say, logging onto my emails to show her the confirmation of the flight and the extra weight for the luggage.

"Right. The reason why I was asleep until this afternoon was because after you went to sleep, I wasn't tired. I was thinking about what was going to happen after I left and once you got evicted, and suddenly I had an idea. I spoke to my mom and dad, and they agreed, and we would like you to come and live with us! I have booked you a seat on the plane, and it's next to me, and I also asked for more luggage weight, so we can pack up all this stuff and take it with us. What do you think?"

Beca's jaw dropped almost instantly. She covered her mouth in shock and didn't speak for a good 30 seconds before running up to me and giving me a hug.

"Really Chlo? You did all of this for me?" she said on the verge of tears.

"Yes, and that's not all" I said, letting go of her grasp and finding the other email confirming that my application for the job had gone through. I let her read the email thoroughly, and watched as she smiled and wrapped her arms around me once more.

"Thank you so so much. You're amazing" Beca said. "You have saved my life."

"I can't wait to live with you again Becs, you can share my room because it's massive. That way we will keep the spare room free for my parents to use when they have friends round. It's not like I would have anyone round anyway, I still haven't made any friends there." I said.

Beca frowned. She had told me that she was worried she would be replaced for new people there when I moved, but it's the complete opposite. I'd only met Sarah, and she turned out to be a proper little bitch, so Beca was pretty shocked.

"Well you'll have me now so you're all good." Beca said.

*A few hours later*

I've just got out the bath and I'm putting on my pyjamas to settle down for the night, when I hear the most beautiful voice coming from the main room. Beca was singing Coldplay's 'Fix You' while playing her guitar. Coldplay has been David's favourite band for as long as Beca could remember, and 'Fix You' was their most emotional song. I know something's wrong, but I just need to help her. I stand and listen even more, before I go out to help her out.

(Beca's POV)

Lights will guide you home,
And ignite your bones,
And I will try, to fix you.

It's one of those nights where I'm missing David's late night chats and his amazing company more than anything. As I sit playing my guitar, and singing one of his favourite band's songs, I think about how he would feel, and whether he would be able to see me singing to him.

I sang the first verse and the chorus, but couldn't get to the second verse without feeling my eyes go glassy and my voice go shaky. At this moment, Chloe walked in after having her bath, with tears in her eyes as she walked towards me. She knew what I was singing and why, and it hurt her that David was no longer here too, because she had a great relationship with him whenever we saw him. She walked into the room and sat next to me on the bed.

"Put the guitar down" she said as she wrapped her arm around me. I put it down and looked at her in the eye and said, "I want him back." Chloe wiped the tears that fell from my eyes as she told me how proud he would be of me. I held her hand and squeezed it tightly, and wiped her tears away with my other thumb.

"Beca, he's your angel in heaven now. Your guardian angel, who will watch down on you every day and help you through as many obstacles that he can" Chloe said to me, holding me tight as I wept into her shoulder.

"Guardian angels sound nice" I whispered, before falling asleep in her arms. Luckily I was sitting on my own bed, so she was able to lie me down on the bed and tuck me in without any problems.

"I love you, Beca Elizabeth Mitchell, sleep tight" Chloe said, kissing me on the forehead and walking over to her own bed and falling asleep within two minutes.

Everything is going to go up very soon, and it's going to be the best therapy a girl could ever ask for, and maybe I'll become the same Beca Mitchell I was before little Miss Chloe Marie Beale left me. Positivity thoughts matter.

*****

A/N: sorry this took a while to be posted, hope you're all still enjoying it xx