Back To Taco Bell

(Chloe's POV)

"Oh shit, yeah my dad turned up the other day" Beca said. I sat there in shock.

"Did everything go okay?" I asked.

"Yeah it was alright actually which I was shocked about. He apologised for how he treated me when I was younger and that." she replied. This made me feel pleased. I hated how he treated her, so hearing that made me feel a bit better.

I glance over to the desk to find two things on there which weren't there when I left. I stand up and walk over to look at them. I start to tear up as I pick up the order of service from the desk. I couldn't believe it. David was dead, and Beca didn't even tell me. I turn around and look at her, to see her on the verge of tears. I run up to her and give her a hug.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I ask quietly.

"I didn't want to make you sad" Beca replied. She explained what happened to David, and showed me an article that she found online. I read through it carefully and couldn't seem to take it all in.

"So...you've gone through all of this and not told me any of it??" I say, trying not to cry. I want to stay strong for Beca.

Beca nodded as she burst into tears and lay down on her bed. I sat on the floor next to the bed so that I could see her face, and tried my best to make her feel better.

"Don't worry, sweetie. It's going to be fine." I say.

"I'm sorry if I've made you mad." Beca wept. I put my left hand on her shoulder and wiped her tears away with my right hand.

"I'm not mad baby, I'm just upset because you've had to go through all of this alone. It's my fault you've been struggling. If I hadn't left you would have been able to deal with everything. I'm sorry." I said.

"What?!?! It's not your fault at all!" Beca said, sitting up. "I was the one that cut myself multiple times, it's my fault I overthought it all"

I think for a moment about what Beca did to herself. The sight of those scars on her arm broke me, and I just want her to feel good about herself. I start to worry about what she did, and I worry that she'll do it again. If I hadn't left she wouldn't have changed.

"Beca?" I hesitated.

"Yeah?"

"You know....your cuts?"

Beca nodded and sighed.

"Is that all of them?"

She shook her head and removed her trousers. I saw multiple cuts on her thigh which looked like razor cuts.

"Listen, okay? There are so many other ways to deal with problems than this. I know you've been going through a hard time, and I know there's still more to it than I know, and I want you to explain everything, as I want to do something with you this week to make you feel better, but next time, please just give me a call. Even if it's in the early hours of the morning, I'll be there for you. Just keep your head up high, and smile. For me. I love you, Beca Elizabeth Mitchell." I said to her, while holding her hands and looking straight into her eyes.

"I love you too, Chloe Marie Beale," Beca started, as she squeezed my hands while a tear rolled down her cheek. "Can we just be happy now? I've forgotten what being truly happy feels like."