Be True To Who You Are

(Beca's POV)

Chloe walked towards me and grabbed my hand. She said she would explain everything when we got into my office. I smiled at Daniel and walked her to the office, unlocking the door and letting her inside.

"Beca this place is amazing!" Chloe said in surprise.

"I know," I giggled. "So why on earth are you here? I'm so confused."

"So basically, I wanted to start writing my own music and recording professional covers. Then when we were here yesterday, I asked Daniel if he could help me and he said he would put me in with you. So now your mom has gone, I'm here instead. I can also help you make some mashups if you like." Chloe said.

Finally. Help on mashups. I need one ASAP because Chloe's birthday is coming up and the Bellas are coming to perform in the talent show. That's the day after Chloe's birthday so they're coming to surprise her and then we have a day to practice.

"Thank you Chloe, this has made me feel so much better after yesterday," I said. I felt the urge to begin working with my best friend, in the real world, after all these years working together in college. I logged onto the computer and started to set things up, while Chloe went into the booth to warm up her voice. She sounded amazing. Once everything was set up, Chloe came out of the booth and picked out a few songs from her long list that she wanted to cover. She picked four songs:
Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
In My Blood by Shawn Mendes
No Tears Left To Cry by Ariana Grande
Who You Are by Jessie J
"Chloe these are excellent choices. Who You Are makes me cry though. But whatever floats your boat," I said. It's true though, that song means so much to me. The lyrics are heart wrenching but I do love the song.

"Well, the tissues are there, Becs." Chloe said sassily.

"Wow thanks babe, I didn't know, even though it's my office," I said with a giggle. "I'll be fine, start off with Thinking Out Loud and we'll go down the list. We can do a practice run and then I'll record it, then I'll edit them when you're asleep tonight."

"No you won't! Beca, you need to sleep!" Chloe protested.

"Don't worry, I'll not be up that late, I'm too lazy for that. Besides, I was up editing my mom's work the night of my dad's phone call. I knew when I was doing it that she was my mom because you and your parents told me, but I carried on anyway because I wanted to keep my job." I said.

"You would have kept your job regardless. Stop worrying, you're fine now, right?" Chloe said.

"Right." I replied.

Chloe went back into the booth while I found the backing track for Thinking Out Loud. I found it pretty quickly and began to play it for Chloe's practice run. She began to sing, her voice making everything feel amazing. She has the voice of a literal angel.

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks
And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am
So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are.

That song. It describes love. That people fall in love "in mysterious ways", it made me think. I haven't opened up to Chloe about any feelings I have. She doesn't feel the same, but that song reminds me of us. I love Chloe, and she loves me, but not in that way.