Chapter 9: saved

(Y/N)'s POV

Once again I was alone. And thank God. I couldn't look at that smiling idiot anymore. At least not without finally losing it. He was driving me insane. I was so mad. Not even my stepdad angered me as mush as Jeff does. Although they did have a lot of similarities. Both incredibly egocentric, selfish, insensitive, both pretend to do things for the sake of someone else when in reality they're just using that as an excuse to do whatever makes them happy. Because fuck everyone else. It wouldn't even matter if they killed themselves. Literally.

At this point I had totally lost all hopes in men. Why are they all either assholes or just leave me. Jeff, my stepdad... even my brother. He just disappeared. Leaving me in all of this bullshit all alone. I knew that he most likely didn't leave me on purpose. To this day it's not clear where he's gone to. The police haven't found his body or any sign of him at all and they pretty much gave up. But I was still upset. I felt abandoned.

Caught up in my own thoughts I glanced at the tv. Might as well see what's going on. I shook off some of the anger and plopped onto the couch, grabbing the remote by my side and using it to turn on the tv.

After flipping through a couple of channels I finally found the news.

"-it for this case. Coming up, updates on the case that shocked the whole country. A live stream murder that took place just yesterday, October 18th. Hundreds of people were traumatized by the graphic sight of a young girl getting killed on live television. The victim turned out to be (y/n) (l/n). Her body was found unrecognizable as the fire destroyed it completely along with 12 police officers that were in the scene as well. There was no trace found of the killers. We are thinking they escaped and are now on the lose with no evidence of who it could be. Here are a few words from (y/n)'s loved ones."

The clip changed into a lifeless looking girl. Her dark brown hair was a bit greasy and her grey eyes, along with dark circles around them were bloodshot from crying.

Natalie.

"I-I don't understand how could someone do such a thing. This... killer can't be human. There's no way." She raised her eyes and looked deeply into the camera. "And I'm pretty sure he didn't simply wanted to kill her. He wanted something more." She took a moment in silence before gathering her strength to speak again. "I believe he staged her death. She's alive. T-there's no way she's dead. He took her away from us and-" She was getting powered up as she got cut off.

"Natalie, we understand that you don't want to accept what happened to (y/n), but you will have to eventually. She's... not alive. We have evidence." A voice behind a camera said.

She sighed at it. "Think whatever you want." Then looked at the camera again. "(Y/n), I know you're out there. Please, don't lose hope. I-I'll do everything that I can to save you!" The clip cut off to a news reporter.

"Devastating ind-" I shut the tv off. Tears in my eyes. She knows I'm alive. There's hope! I covered my mouth with my hands. It was so upsetting seeing her like that, but I was so happy about what she said. I knew. I knew she'll come save.

I ran into the bedroom and plopped onto the mattress face down. It was so overwhelming. Natalie, I freaking love her. She's the best friend I had ever had. I'd literally be boomed without her.

As I was rolling around in happiness I heard Jeff come back. Instantly I sat up. He walked into the room and glanced at me. His hoodie stained with blood. Once again he gave one of those nasty smiles.

"Ready for bed, are we?" I could tell what was going through in his mind and frowned in disgust at that thought. He chuckled before taking his stained hoodie off, leaving him with a grey t-shirt. It was bloody too. "Damn it." He mumbled. "Oh well." The smiling killer then proceeded taking it off too.