Chapter 12: odium

(Y/n)'s POV

Jeff's been out for over two hours now. For some reason I had a really bad feeling in my stomach. I couldn't relax the whole time. Like something bad was about to happen. But all I could do was watch the stairs that led up to the exit as I sat on that couch and waited. The anxiety level was high.

Bright sunlight that shone through that basement window was now replaced with a cloudy gloom. You could hear thunder here and there. Any minute now it could start raining.

I was instantly alarmed when I heard the door unlocking. My stare fixated on it. Jeff walked in and descended the stairs. His clothes extremely bloody. Not like that last time. Or any time. They were nearly drenched in red liquid. His face stained with dry blood as well.

He noticed my tensed look and gave me a questioning smile. "Something wrong?"

I sighed and shook my head slowly as I turned it away from him. Right about that time the rain went off. Heavily. Buckets of it. Reminding me of the day I first met Jeff.

"I guess I made it right on time. Although I could use a little washing up." He chuckled under his breath. He seemed strangely happy.

"You went all out I see. Who did you kill that made you so happy?" I asked a bit annoyed for some reason.

He hesitated for a second. "Just some random girl. No big deal."

Liar.

I stared at him in distrust as he walked to the bathroom, closing the door. Something was definitely fishy here. Jeff did something that he's hiding from me. I just knew it. He's a twisted bastard. I still couldn't believe that I kissed him. Stupid. What has gotten into me? And now he thinks I like him or whatever. Embarrassing.

Sound of water, falling to the shower floor came from the bathroom. There had to be a way of finding out what was he hiding. But the only evidence was his hoodie that was in the bathroom with him. I sighed. Was I really going to take that risk? It could really just be nothing. I was about to just shake it off, but my impulses did the opposite. I walked closer to the bathroom door and opened it slightly to peek in. To my luck the shower curtains were closed.

Jeff's hoodie laid on the floor in the middle of the room which was a couple of feet away from me. There was something familiar in it's pocket. I carefully took a step closer. Then another step. Then a third st-

"Wanna join me, dollface? Can't wait?" A smirk was heard in Jeff's voice. I blushed. Fuck. I thought I made no sound. Sneaky bastard.

In embarrassment I steamed out without answering. He let out a loud laugh. I was heating up like never before. It was my luck he didn't show himself in full glory while I was there.

But what was in his hoodie pocket? I swear it was something silver. Something small and delicate. Why would he have something like that?

I heard the door open. When I glanced back I saw Jeff. Water on his long black hair was dripping on his shirtless body. Seriously, I'm right here. Does he not have any shame? I blushed even harder. Then looked away.

"When will you ever learn to cover up?" I asked, avoiding him in sight.

I got that same obnoxious laugh in response. "Don't pretend you don't like it."

My body tensed up. "I don't! And would you stop laughing already?" As I said that I felt his breath right behind my ear. He let out a slow deep chuckle mocking my demand. It sent a weird tingle throughout my whole body. I tried to ignore that.