Chapter 14: keep

Jeff's POV

I didn't want to leave (y/n) alone in this place, but that's what Slender ordered me to do. I hesitated. Leaving her like that is the same as leaving a piece of candy in a sea of cockroaches.  They wouldn't think twice before doing something horrible.

'Don't worry, I'll make sure no one hurts her' Slender's voice assured me in my mind. 'You better...' I thought.

I turned to (y/n). "Wait for me right behind this door. Don't go anywhere. I won't take long. I hope." With that being said I walked through the door.

Inside that room was a pretty traditional, but dark looking office. It contained a desk, a couple of armchairs, some bookshelves. The wall right in front of the door was made up almost fully of windows. Standing towards them and looking through was an extremely tall and lean figure. He wore a neat black suit that didn't even have a single loose hair on it. Mostly because the man himself didn't have any hair. As well as no face.

"Welcome back, my child. I'm glad you decided to show up." He spoke calmly, not turning away from the window.

"What do you want, Slender?" I cut right to the chase. This had to be done as quickly as possible.

"You know exactly why you're here." The tall man turned to me. "The show you put up on live television was not acceptable. You're not LJ, Jeff. Causing a circus is not something you should be doing. Do you realize the consequences?" He spoke firmly.

"Well, can't you just easily fix everything with your mighty power?" I teased.

"Its not that easy. Even for me it takes a lot of effort to fix something that the whole nation is effected by. And what for? So you could have that mortal to yourself? So you can play around for a bit and then throw her away once you get bored?" Slenderman's tone was becoming more infuriated.

His last sentence sparked a flame of anger in me. I clenched my fists. "That's not how it fucking is! I... I'm not throwing her away..."

"Oh? So are you saying a cold blooded killer has feelings now? You mean to tell me that you care for her? Because if that's the case we might have an even bigger problem here." The faceless man's voice was strict. "You wouldn't want her to end up like your brother, would you now?"

"Don't bring Liu into this. It's a whole other story, Slender. I killed him not because you made me. I killed him because I wanted to." I tried to convince both him and myself. He only responded with a deep chuckle.

"Really now? Well, what if I told you that he's still alive?" His words caused my whole body to tense.

"That's impossible. I saw him die in front of me. There's no way he survived." Still trying to convince myself i looked down. There's no way... right? This made me question everything. It made me feel weak.

"Are you sure about that, Jeff?" He leaned a little closer to me. "Or are you secretly hoping that I'm right and your brother really did survive?"

"No." I said firmly, avoiding his empty face. "I'm not. He was only getting in my way and it's better if he's dead. I didn't care for him anyway."

"Good. Then, why is that girl any different? She's just 'getting in your way', right?" Slender said, leaning back.

"She's... she's not like Liu. She's different. If you'd only give me some time I'd prove to you that she won't be a problem. Unlike My brother, I have full control of her." I looked up at him. "I promise, she'll obey me."