Chapter 28: sister

"Mark?" I yelped in shock after opening the front door.

Without answering, my brother attacked me with an all too familiar hug. For the first time in so long I cried in tears of joy. Finally, I had my family with me again.

"I missed you so much." I uttered, burying my face on his shoulder.

"I can't believe they made me forget you." He said, backing away to take a look at me. "You've grown so much."

I let out a little laugh. "I guess. H-how did you manage to get your memory back?"

"I don't know... I guess your presence helped me."

"You knew I was nearby."

"I had a feeling. I knew I'd recognize your voice. What were you doing in Jeff's room?" He asked.

"Oh... we um... he kidnaped me." I answered quickly and unsurely.

"Shit... that bastard, just one of us wasn't enough?" I could feel him getting upset.

"No, it's not that. I... I like Jeff." I murmured from under my breath.

"What?? You what?" Mark yelped in shock.

"I like Jeff, but... that doesn't matter, he left me."

"(Y/n), you don't like him. He kidnaped you right? It's an illness." He said.

"I know. But it feels so right." I looked down at my feet. "And uh... there's one more thing."

"What is it?"

"Why don't we sit down." I suggested.

And so we did. I made both of us some nice tea and for a while we didn't talk.

"So, there's something more to it." I broke the silence.

My brother looked up at me, waiting for what I was going to say.

"I-I'm pregnant..." I mumbled.

Mark's eyes widened in shock. "What?? From... him?"

I nodded, looking down at the cup of tea in my hands like a guilty puppy.

"Gosh, (y/n)... That's... that fucking bastard." He growled. "I swear, the next time I see him." I didn't let him finish.

"N-no! It's okay... I'm getting an abortion. It's fine, I'll just forget all about it." I tried to calm him down.

"It's not fine! What did he do to you?" He didn't back down.

"Nothing! It was all consensual." I admitted.

"That doesn't matter! You only agreed to it because you thought you liked him, how else were you supposed to react? You were trapped with that bastard. He was the only one you could turn to. The only person you could talk to. If you can even call him a person..." Mark was getting more and more infuriated. "And on top of everything, he left you? Just like that? Does he even know you're pregnant?"

"No, he doesn't. And it's fine! Like I said, I'm getting an abortion and we can just forget about everything then. Live normal lives. Now that we have each other everything should be much easier. Much better." I claimed.