Chapter 32: bitter

It's been a couple of days since I came back to the mansion. The training's been put off for a while. I asked for a separate room so that I wouldn't have to sleep or be anywhere around Jeff. I didn't want to see him right now.

No one questioned my demand. Assholes eavesdropped on our conversation.

I was incredibly moody. Pregnancy plus Jeff being an ass didn't go well together. I slammed doors, talked back and was generally a bitch. Everyone took it lightly though. They all understood, unlike Jeff who was also being a little bitch. I mean, for God's sake, he's the fucking father, he should be the most understanding of them all.

Everyone tried lecturing him about how shitty he's been acting, but he didn't listen. On top of that, he brought me a little something right after I woke up one morning.

A head... Alex's head.

I clenched my teeth. He just smiled, like he was incredibly proud of what he did. The built up anger started overflowing and I attacked him by punching his chest multiple times, which of course barely did anything.

"JEFF YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! I FUCKING HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!!" I kept repeating it while endlessly punching him. What angered me even more was that my anger seemed to make him happy.

That's when I broke. I slapped him as hard as I could. Everything turned to silence. I could hear my breath, my heart beating.

Jeff turned his head back to me, the joy in his face was gone, but he wasn't angry. He was just... blank.

I decided not to participate in this tense situation anymore and just left the room, leaving him there alone.

Jeff's POV

I stood there. My cheek burning up slightly. I thought it would make me happy to anger her like that, and it did for a second, but now I felt... weird. Guilty?

That's when Jane rushed in.

"Jeff, you fucking bastard! Your girl is fucking PREG-NANT! You're gonna be a father and you're acting like a fucking ten year old! Grow up for once!" She spat and ran out after (y/n).

She was right, of course. Just that I didn't want to admit it. I did feel bad, however. After all, I love her..."

(Y/n)'s POV

Jane caught up to me. "Hey, don't be bothered my that asshole. You know how he is."

I stopped and looked her, but didn't say a word.

"(Y/n)? You okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine..." I mumbled.

"Jeff, that jerk... he never knows when to stop." She said.

"Yeah... he never does." I agreed. "I'm going to my room now. I just need some alone time.

"Okay." Jane nodded.

I did as I said and just laid on the bed, looking at the ceiling. My stomach growled, reminding me that I haven't eaten anything yet. I didn't want to, but I knew I had no choice, considering my situation. I had to eat.

After a couple more minutes on the bed I finally gathered the strength to get up and make my way to the kitchen.

"Good morning." Sally greeted me.