Chapter 35: pregnancy

So I will say, I was not easy, but I have to admit, I was treated like a queen. I could eat anything I wanted and my wishes were like everyone's commands. Especially Jeff. As strange as it was, he was like a little puppy hopping around me.

It's been about six months now. The weather was already warm as it was May. I waited impatiently for summer. In a way I couldn't wait to give birth and see my baby, but at the same time I dreaded it. My mind kept thinking about having to give my child away. At least I got to keep it for a year. But that would probably make it even harder to part with it.

As I was a pregnant emotional mess I cried everyday, thinking about all that. Jeff was nice enough to comfort me and he even stayed home with me more often than usual.

Everyone also living in the mansion gradually came up to me to check on my slightly rounded belly, feel it or talk to the baby.

Later, Slenderman called me and Jeff to his office.

"I have some news for you two, I highly doubt you'll like it." Slender began.

"What is it?" I asked.

"As much as we might try to make you one of us, it just doesn't run in your blood, (y/n). You might have killed someone, but you're not a murderer at heart. And you never will be." No shit, I thought. "So, after you give birth, you will move out along with the baby, you don't belong here. Your memory of this place and Jeff will gradually fade away in about a year." My eyes widened.

"F-forget... J-Jeff?" I uttered under my breath.

"What?! What the fuck! Man, stop fucking messing with our minds like that!" Jeff broke down. He started swearing at Slender.

I just stood there in shock. Forget Jeff? Forget everything in here? These people, this place and mostly Jeff. They all changed my life so much. I couldn't imagine not having all that in it.

"Calm down, Jeff, or I'll have to ask you to leave." He did, unwillingly. Slender turned to me. "(Y/n), we will give you a house in a quiet neighborhood, some money that should last you until your child can go to kindergarten and you can find a job."

I bit my lip. Not to mention me being extremely hormonal, I was also so tired of having my emotions messed with so much. Especially now, that mine and Jeff's bond grew stronger than it was ever before. I already thought I lost him once and that was one of the hardest things. I didn't think I could take it another time.

I turned to Jeff, my eyes tearing up. "P-please." I turned back to Slender. "Don't do this." I murmured. "This place... Jeff is all I have in my life right now."

"I'm really sorry, but truth to be told, your energy is too strong. You send these vibes that make the killers in this mansion not as... vicious. Look at Jeff, he's not even half the way he used to be. He's soft and dare I say kind." Slender explained.

Jeff lit up again. "Hey! Who the fuck are you calling soft! I'm still the same as I was!"

"How many kills did you have in the last three months?" Slender asked. Jeff didn't answer. His kill count was majorly lower than usual.

"My point exactly." The faceless man said.

Me and Jeff both looked down at our feet. He was of course right. But when was he ever wrong. At least I didn't have to part with my child this way. But I still couldn't believe that I'd forget about Jeff.

The rest of the day we were both mostly silent. Now I dreaded the birth even more, as right after it I'll have to leave. I felt my heart pounding harder as pain took over it. Even the baby kicked a couple of times, feeling my sadness.

"Jeff..." I murmured. He turned his dead to me. We sat on the bed quietly.

"You know, deep in my heart I'll still love you." I said.

"No... you won't. You won't know who I am, all you'll be able to remember is that someone killed your parents and your friend and you won't even be sure who the father is." He said grumpily.

I sighed. "That's... messed up."

"Yeah."

We continued sitting like that, both submerged in our own thoughts.

Jeff's POV

This wasn't right. It couldn't be. How was I supposed to live now that I knew how happy I could be. What a different person I could be. And on top of that I won't even be able to see my child grow.

Slenderman was right. I had changed. I was like... my old self. A peaceful average boy. She made me feel things again. I mean feelings like love, compassion, caring... something I had totally forgotten. Those feelings could hurt, they made you vulnerable, dependable. Without them, I'd just be free... in a way. Maybe is was better this way. Sure, it would be hard, but once I'd get over it, I'd just go back to not feeling all those emotions again and never have to be attached to anything or anyone again. If that was even possible at this point.

During the next couple of weeks I grew distant from (y/n). As if preparing for what was to come. I could tell she was hurt by that, but soon it would all be over. The pain in my heard would go away. I'll forget that I even have a heart. Just like before I met her.

(Y/n)'a POV

It hurt. It really fucking hurt. It was already happening. I was already losing Jeff. Slowly and painfully. Like my heart was gradually stabbed by a thousand cold knives.

I kept trying to warm up to him, but nothing worked. He was just never the same. At this point I kind of wished to just forget him here and now. I couldn't wait any longer in this misery. I wanted it to be over, but the mental torture kept going on for what seemed to be forever.

I would silently cry myself to sleep each night. And each morning I would wake up disappointed that I was still here, disappointed that I even woke up. I stopped eating. I knew I had to. For the baby, but I just couldn't swallow anything as the knot in my throat wouldn't seem to go away.

After months I noticed that most of my clothes started fitting loosely. Eventually, I had to be put on a tube that fed me through my nose as the baby needed it's nutrients. The tube hurt, not as badly as my heart, of course, but that was the only way to keep me fed.

I noticed myself being so unmotivated. It was a challenge to even bathe. All I wanted to do was lay in bed all day long, doing absolutely nothing, just staring at the ceiling.

I didn't even cry anymore. There were no more tears in me. I had to force water down my throat just to keep me hydrated.

It sucked. Really bad. I didn't want anything. I didn't want to live anymore. Everything seemed hopeless. But I had to be strong. For my baby. It didn't deserve this. My baby deserved a better life than this. I had to live on and make sure to keep it happy and well. That was my only drive. The only reason I was still here. Now that I practically had no one else, I decided to devote my life to this child.

And there you go. Things are getting a little tense here. A little info. I have about 3 chapters left for you guys on this book, sadly :'(
BUT do not worry. As I've mentioned before, there is a sequel coming! Hope you're excited for that and as always,

Hope you enjoyed! <3