Chapter 36: birth

August. Ninth month of pregnancy. I felt my stomach turn each day as I thought about it. About what would happen after I give birth. I was scared. Scared to be alone, on my own.

My water broke, as expected. I was on my way to the bathroom at the time. I felt the warm liquid running down my legs. My eyes widened. It was happening. Already.

"Jeeeff!" I yelled. He rushed into the bathroom and looked down at the puddle beneath me.

"Oh shit." He said and grabbed my wrist, pulling me along side himself.

"Her water broke! (Y/n) is having a baby!" Jeff screamed. Everyone in the mansion got alert. I could hear 'whats' and 'oh shits' behind me as we ran.

I got even more nervous as we started heading towards the basement. "J-Jeff... why are we going here?" I asked. He didn't answer.

Down in a cold, unpleasant looking basement I saw Slenderman. Alongside him was a man who seemed to be a doctor. Exept... he was the creepiest doctor I had ever seen. His eyes were reddish and looked like they were about to pop out of his head. His pupils were small. His skin was all veiny and he was so skinny, only skin and bones. This guy also appeared to be in a trance of some sort.

Do they really expect me to just be okay with this creep delivering my baby?? In this basement??

I couldn't say anything, though, as the pain hit me strong and I nearly kneeled down. They changed me into a hospital patient attire and laid me down on this uncomfortable operating table. It was wooden, cold.

This was not how I imagined it at all.

It hurt like fucking hell and all they did about it was shove a dirty rag into my mouth.

Though... there was one thing good about this whole situation. And that was Jeff. He was holding my hand the whole time, I could see concern in his eyes. He was caring again, good to me. Something I had missed so much in the past couple of months.

With tears in my eyes I looked at him, thankful for being there and being supportive. It helped.

The creepy doctor spread my legs, which of course wasn't pleasant, but it had to be done.

"Your cervix isn't wide enough yet. It only needs a couple more centimeters." The doctor announced in a very monotone voice.

Shit... all I wanted now was for everything to just end. I was uncomfortable, the rag in my mouth tasted like dirt and sweat and the creep didn't help one bit.

After what seemed like forever I was informed that I was open enough and that now I had to push. So I did. The pain hitting me even harder. I moaned loudly, bitting the rag in my mouth with all the strength that I had.

"It's okay, baby, you can do it." Jeff whispered. I squeezed his hand tightly, tears were streaming down my cheeks and I felt sweat dripping down my back and chest.

The agonizing pain seemed to go on forever. It felt like I was in hell.

"We have a problem." The doctor said in that same automized voice. "The baby is upside down."

"What?" Jeff panicked.

"If we don't work quick enough, there's a chance it will die from oxygen deprivation."

My eyes shot wide open. As if all this
Wasn't bad enough. The thought of my baby dying was unbearable. So I pushed even harder, in order to get the poor thing out into the world before it chocked to death.

The screams didn't even sound human. It even feel like it wan's mine.

With all that pressure and pain, I I felt my body going numb, light vibration waves went through my arms and legs. Buzzing growing louder in my ears. Soon enough my vision was becoming black.

"(Y/n)"... I heard Jeff's voice. I was surrounded by a soothing white light.  And I wore a lacy white dress. As I turned towards the voice I saw him. The man I loved. He stood there, holding the little bundle of joy in his arms. He was smiling.

"Jeff... where are we?" I asked.

"Does it matter? We're all here together. That's all that matters, right?" He answered.

"I guess so." I smiled and walked closer to the two people I loved the most.

Jeff looked down at the baby." He's wonderful, isn't he?" I looked down as well.

"He is." I said as I placed my hand on the baby's chest, bringing the cloth he was rolled in down so I could see his face better. He was sleeping. So calmly and soothingly.

I looked up at Jeff. "I wish this moment could last forever."

He looked up at me, his smile was gone." It can't."

"What?"

"It's all temporary." He said with a straight face.

I frowned. "Temporary?"

All of a sudden, I saw blood leaking through the cloth the baby was in.

"W-What... what's happening??" I panicked l, but when I looked at Jeff, he was gone and the blood soaked baby was now lying on the floor. I heard his screams.

Quickly I kneeled down and picked him up. The blood staining my white dress. My breathing getting faster. When I looked at my child again, all I saw was a tiny little skeleton.

I yelped and dropped the pile of bones, taking a few steps back.

The light was fading, leaving me in a black nothing. Tears came out of my eyes. All of a sudden I felt so alone. It was getting cold too, so I wrapped my arms around myself.

Lost and confused I kneeled down and placed my head to my knees. It felt like I was forgotten by the whole world.

"What is going on???" I yelled, my voice echoing through an eternal oblivion.

And then I sat up, screaming. It was just a dream. Though, I knew it had a meaning.

I saw my body stained with blood and Jeff was right there, still holding my hand.

"Hey! It's okay, I'm here." He comforted me. "You passed out."

"H-how's the baby?" I mumbled, my voice cracking.

Jeff smiled. "He's fine. They're just wrapping him up." Soo enough the creepy doctor was black, holding the little thing, wrapped in an old cloth.

"It's a boy." He announced, handing the baby to me.

I sat up and gratefully took him. He was perfect. All wrinkly and so tiny. A few black hairs on his head. His skin pale as paper. He was a reflection of Jeff. Well, except without a smile and with lids, of course.

"What should we call him?" Jeff asked.

I thought for a second. Then smiled. "Hunter. I feel like that name will soothe him, considering who he is meant to be."

Jeff smiled. "That's a great name." He then looked at me. A pinch of sadness in his eyes. "You're amazing, (y/n)... I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." I replied.

With that being said, A few soft whines came out of his little mouth and as me and Jeff looked at him, his eyes shot open and instantly, it felt like electricity went through my whole body. His big eyes were sky blue, his stare was piercing my soul.

"Wow... he's amazing..." Jeff said. "I wish this moment could last forever..."

My smile faded. "Yet its all just temporary." I remembered my dream.

Sooo, now you know the name I chose. A few of you suggested it and I remembered how much I loved that name and how well it fits the baby. So thank you all for commenting your suggestions! It was quite a challenge picking just one. You were all really creative. :D

Anyway, hope you enjoyed <3