Chapter 26: company

"No no no... this can't be happening." I sat on the bed, hugging my knees. I wasn't ready to be a single mother. Not to mention, I was only seventeen. Why do all these things keep happening to me.

I didn't want to do anything, but I had a job to go to and with my financial situation I couldn't afford not to go.

With all my strength I got up and quickly got ready to go, putting on some oversized clothing to keep myself comfortable.

The ten minute walk to work seemed like forever. I kept thinking whether I should tell Alexander about my situation. He was the only person I could tell after all. And if I just tell someone I'm sure I'd feel a bit better. But at the same time I don't want to pack this on him. It's not like I know him that well yet.

Finally, I've reached the coffee shop and entered through the back door for the staff. Alex wasn't anywhere in sight so far. I sighed. Partly from relief of not having to thing about telling him just now.

I put on the apron with my name on it and headed to the counter in the main room. There was a girl with bright red bob cut hair serving coffee.

"Hey, Judy. Where's Alex?" I asked her as I approached my working space.

"Hey, you didn't know? He's off work today." She replied, pouring some milk into the cup.

"Hmm, why?"

She looked at me with a ghastly smile. "It's not his shift."

"Oh, right." I uttered.

"Do you need him for something?"

"Eh, it doesn't matter." I squeezed as good of a smile as I could to make it seem like I was fine.

"Okay then..."

Work was long. But at least for the most part it kept my mind off of those two pregnancy tests. When it was finally over, I said my goodbyes to Judy and left. Instantly, it came back to me. The fact that I was pregnant. I couldn't believe it. Didn't seem real.

When I got home the most bizarre idea popped into my head.

'What if I get an abortion...'

I let that thought sink in, but quickly shook my head.

No that's terrible. But... the baby barely even started developing. You can't even really call it a baby yet... I kept contemplating.

And besides, it's a killer's baby. That means it has a high chance to be a killer too. I don't want that... right? I don't want a killer popping out of my vagina. Hell, I don't want no one popping out of there just yet. Specially if it means that I'll have to take care of it all by myself.

That settles it... I'm getting an abortion.

I've been thinking about all this through dinner. When I was finished I cleaned the dishes and sat down on the couch. My phone was laying right in front of me on the coffee table.

I had to tell him... I can't just made a decision this big on my own.

For minutes I kept thinking about it, gathering the courage. At last I picked up the phone and found Alexanders contacts.

Free taking a deep breath I pressed call and placed the phone left to my ear.

"Hello..."

"Alex! Hi... um listen, I-I have to tell you something." I mumbled.

"What is it?" His cheerful as always tone gave me a bit of a relief, but I was still very nervous.

"Well, its kind of a big deal... you know what, maybe I'll just tell you at work tomorrow. Bye!" I rushed to say and was about to end the call.