Chapter 2: The News

On one cold morning, I was walking down one of the many hallways in the Bakugo estate, carrying a tray that had dirty dishes on it.
Toshinori was supposed to come by later and help me train so I was excited for that!

I smiled, staring at the tray.

....

My mother gasped, Toshi?! It's been forever! What are you doing here?" A bright smile was plastered on her face, it made me feel happy yet also awkward.
"I could ask you the same thing" he said.

"Wait... You two already know each other?" I asked, a bit surprised.
My mother gave me a small nod, "We went to school together, he was such a ladies man" she giggled.

"Well- I wouldn't go as far as that" he awkwardly laughed.
"Nonsense! In middle school, I don't mind saying this, you were very good looking!"

"Heh... Well... Looks are out the window now-" Toshinori began but was immediately cut of by my mother who shook her head, "Even though I said that, to me, looks don't mean a thing. If you came here with my precious Izuku, then I know you're still kind as ever." she smiled once more. I glanced at the tall, scrawny man that stood beside me and my eyes widened.
There were actual tears forming in his eyes.

"I needed that" he said. "Thank you"

"Come then. I'll go get you some tea, Izuku dear, can you show him to the living room?"