Chapter 15: Running

"There's a silencing, as the machine arrives here..."

"I feel it pulling me, I feel the past that's died here."

"I hear it calling me. You can come alive here..."

"Riding the horizon, falling into you. Feel the vessel tighten... I feel you pull me..."

"Through...."

Bakugo sat there, staring down at his scarred up hands while singing part of a song he had grown accustomed to (due to being friends with Denki and Jirou, he got to listen to music he never heard before).

Somehow, that part just really got to him- especially with what happened to Deku.

The frustrated boy stood up from his chair then went over to his desk with a sigh.

The only people he allowed himself to be around with was Inko and, of course, Bill.

He was so frustrated and angry at not only his family, but at Toshinori as well.

"This is fucking bullshit..." He grumbled to himself as he clenched his hands into fists.
The boy grabbed his cup then threw it at all wall due to pure anger. The cup shattered into pieces when it came in contact to the wall- fortunately there was noting in it.

Realizing the mess he made, he yelled, "FUCK!" then stomped over to the broken cup before furiously throwing the pieces into his garbage can, not caring about the cuts he made on his hands from doing so.

After that, he went into his bathroom then cleaned up his hands.
It's been days. Fucking days and he was very well pissed off with the Todoroki family. Beyond pissed even. Honestly, there were no words to describe how he felt towards them.

Since Deku was undergoing surgery, he wasn't allowed to see her for awhile which really ticked him off on top of everything.
He looked over at the stuff he had gotten from Izuku which made him sigh.
"I really was an ass, huh?" He asked himself while shaking his head.

"Shit..."

Katsuki was restless. He couldn't sit still.
The blonde would pace around his room like a madman, not knowing what to do.

After awhile, he put on his headphones then blasted his favorite tunes into his ears.

~~~

Step by step, I feel my bare feet touch the cold floors of the dull, loud place.

Step by step, I am inching my way out of here. To freedom- to him.
The doors are getting closer. I can't stand listening to that loud and obnoxious noise of the monitor.

I can hear their voices calling out from behind- pleading for me not to leave- but I didn't care.
I had to see him.
Being trapped and hooked on machines- If I can walk, I will walk. If I can speak, I will speak.

Opening the doors, my bare, aching feet come in contact with the rough pavement of the sidewalk.
One, two, one two, quicker and faster, my walking turns into a light jog, and that jog turns into a run. No matter how bad my legs were hurting, I forced myself to keep on going.

"Stop! You had no time to rest after your surgery!"

"I've had plenty!" I'd call back while pushing past many people who stared at me with wide eyes.

I could feel my now short, curly/wavy hair bouncing beside me as I ran. It felt nice but odd at the same time...

I had a day. A day was all I needed. If I get worse after this, then oh well.

Everywhere I went, all I heard, all I saw, on radios, televisions, phones, was the news about that big fight between us and those... villians.

My breaths became quick but deep. My legs were giving out.
But I didn't give up. I didn't stop.
Eventually, I found myself standing in the front yard of the Bakugo manor.
I stood there, looking up at it as the sun was piercing at the corner of my eyes.

I took many deep breaths before I took my first few steps at home.
I could see the deep bruising painted all over my body, after all, I was still in the clothes the hospital gave me.

I pushed my body against the door as I opened it.
My body flung forward as the surge of energy I had was rapidly depleting. I didn't care to close it- I just forced myself up the flights of stairs, making my way to his room.

Please let him be there...

Scrambling my way onto his floor, I nearly fell at the foot of the steps- god I was stupid for doing this- why did I even do this?

When I got to his bedroom, I placed my hands on the door while resting my forehead on it. I gulped down my saliva in hopes to relax myself.

And then... I managed to open the door...