Chapter 5: Our Promise

"For fuck sakes" he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.
His cold, scarlet red eyes locked on me, his expression darkened. 
"I hate you because ever since we were fucking kids, no matter what- you still tried so damn hard to act strong even though you were shaking so bad in your damn shoes" his voice grew louder as he continued on, "You act like everything will be fucking okay and it just pisses me off to no end" 

He leaned back in my chair, his face was turning red. 
"It's like... There's this weird bubble around you, making you blind on how the worlds works. Even when I didn't need your damn help you were still there"

"Ka-"

"No!" he slammed his fist on my desk. "I never needed your help! The only thing you were good for was getting into people's way! And then, once you moved in here, it was like I was sent to hell!" 

I was shocked but... 
I couldn't help laugh at that. He gave me such a nasty look but I just couldn't keep myself from laughing. 
Even when I started getting a coughing fit, I continued to laugh.
When that escalated into vomiting, I laughed afterward. 

"I'm sorry," I said. "I never meant to cause such harm to you. When we were kids- when you fell off that log one time and into the river, I got so scared that something bad-" I let out a sneeze, my energy felt drained. "I just didn't want you to get hurt"

Kacchan didn't respond to that which put me on edge.
"It's not like I needed your help or anything" he mumbled.

Heh heh...
He's acting like one of those tsundere characters in some of the shows I watch.
His cheeks were turning pink, he must feel a bit embarrassed or something.
He jumped out of my chair then stormed over to the door, "We'll have our match someday! Don't forget that!!" Then left.

~~

~Narrator's POV~

The next few days were not so kind to little Izuku. There were rare occurrences where she felt better but most of the time, she felt worse.
The end result would for her to go to the hospital but she refused.
Everyone was worried...
On one bright, sunny morning, Katsuki was in the kitchen...
He slammed the knife as he cut each vegetable, yelling "Die, Die, Die!" each time it hit the board.
"Damn Deku! Getting fucking sick! I'm gonna kill her!" he muttered angrily, putting the vegetables into the pot. 
"Uh- Katsuki...?" Inko questioned as she entered the kitchen. "Is everything alright?"

He ignored her, continuing on with his soup. 
The woman narrowed her eyes then walked over to him. She turned the knob on the oven, lowering the heat. "You don't need the water boiling so quickly," she said, "Be patient"
He grumbled as he followed her instructions. 

~

"That's it" she smiled. "You're very good at cooking, did you learn while you were at school?" 
The boy gave a small nod as he poured the soup into the bowl. 
"Izuku will be very happy that you're doing this, thank you" 

He waved his hand, dismissing it. "Whatever" 

The two of them made it to Deku's room. When they walked in, Deku was sitting upright, staring at her phone, when she noticed them, she smiled. 
"You feeling better?" her mother asked as she closed the door behind her. The girl nodded her head. "Just a little"

She noticed the bowl of soup Bakugo was carrying. He placed it on her nightstand then moved to the farthest end of the room, staring at her. 
"Did you make this?" She asked, a little surprised. 

"He most certainly did~" Her mother sang. 

Izuku picked up the bowl, though, it surprised herself and her mother on how bad she was shaking. 
Midoriya laughed it off, "I guess I'm just a tad weak still"