Chapter 28: A New Beginning

This gonna be a long one...

The next few weeks flew by like the wind. Little Izuku was sitting at the table with her twins beside her as the melodic singing of 'Happy Birthday' resonated throughout the room.
The girl stared down at the cake as there were 24 candles all around the border of the delicious treat...
She still hasn't gotten over the death of Toshinori, and she still hasn't contacted that Nighteye person either. Izuku wanted time to herself, and to spend that time with her family.

Bakugo was looming over behind her as both his hands were set down upon the girl's bare shoulders. Once the singing was done, Izuku would blow out the candles, causing the room to become dark as no light was on.

The small trail of smoke slithered its way up to the ceiling, quickly allowing the familiar scent of blown out candles to fill the room, which honestly was a nice smell.

Inko would smile softly at her daughter as the woman would start to cut the cake into pieces- and the cake was a two-tier vanilla cake with vanilla butter cream frosting with a chocolate drizzle in between each layer, and with each tier, was consisted of 12 thin layers each, making this a total of 24 layers for this thing...
The outside of the cake was a tie-dye blue and green whipped frosting with a large white piped flower in the middle of the second tier.

Izuku preferred the simpler cake flavors as having fruits and things in a cake just seemed weird to her. When she got her slice, which was the first one, our birthday girl had waited for everyone else to get their slice and sit down.

Once so, Izuku would happily thank them for the cake and for being here to celebrate her birthday. With the many "You're welcomes", everyone dug in. The twins are currently trying to pull Katsuki's hair as he ate, and if it wasn't that, they would reach for his hand to take his fork away.

The mother of the two would start laughing when seeing how annoyed her lover was getting.
For two month old babies, they were pretty restless and mischievous little things. Izuku kept the twins in big ol' chairs which had the car seat carrier on top to keep them in. She didn't want to use the high chair as they were still developing obviously, and keeping them upright could be dangerous... But she wanted her twins to be around at least, as she was afraid to leave them alone in the room for awhile.

Everyone would quietly eat their cake, the unsettling silence devouring the room. No one could really say anything as it was the first birthday without him... Not to mention it's only been a few weeks since the funeral.

Once that was finished, and all the dishes were cleaned, everyone had given Izuku birthday wishes before heading off to bed.

Our little birthday girl would head outside when she was able to. Sneaking her way through the back to stand out in the backyard to just stare up at the darkened sky.

The stars, twinkling and shining as much as the full moon that was out tonight...
The girl glanced down at the pendant she wore, it's continuously moving galactic pattern shimmering with the sky as if though it was once a star itself.
She was determined to get herself properly set up with this power... And boy does she have much to learn of a world that she still has little knowledge of.
How these came to be... Why they came to be...

So many questions yet no to little answers to back them up.

Her heart pounded against her chest... If only time could just last a little bit longer with him...

"No!" She shouted while slapping the sides of her face.

"I have to... Stop this... Being bitter. Holding onto this... But I can't... He was the one to tell me to smile, and I should...! But why is it so hard to?"