Chapter 18: The News

Screw it.  Imma try updating every Friday and Monday because I'm an impatient child.

Izuku made the excuse to head out to the store to get some groceries- which was a perfect excuse since they did need food.
But, instead of heading down to the supermarket, Izuku went down to the pharmacy first... When arriving, the girl quickly made her way to the back of the store then grabbed three... pregnancy tests... off the shelf then ran over to the cashier to buy them.

The woman at the register just smiled as she scanned the items then put them into a plastic baggy as Izuku paid for them. With a swift thank you, the girl would then shove the tests into her purse before making her way down to the grocery store.

As the girl shopped, she bumped into someone that she did not expect to see... Which was the cashier guy at that shop her and Katsuki's father went to when she had to get a dress that one time years back... He was staring at her but didn't bother to say a word.

Getting scared by it, Izuku went over to another isle to shop in.
By the time she finished and was at the cash register, that somewhat familiar voice finally spoke up behind her, "How's it goin?" The guy asked curiously while examining what Deku was buying.

"Oh- uhm... Good... What about you?"

"Very good," the guy answered with a weird smile.
"Haven't seen you in such a long time..."

"Yeah... I've been busy"
The girl would start bagging her items as they reached the opposite end of the conveyor belt when the woman scanned them.

"Need any help?" Asked the guy.

"No, I'm fine... Thank you..."

The man would nod his head before he set just a bag of chips he quickly grabbed from the small selection at the register- causing little Izuku to get a bit creeped out by it...

Fortunately enough though, the cashier finished scanning the items, and Izuku finished packing them up.

(Using American currency because I'm too lazy to go convert it into yen)

"That'll be $178.89" the woman said as she patiently waited for Izuku to pay. The girl scrambled for the money while trying to not have the tests fly out of her purse, and when taking her wallet out, one just did about that.
It poked out of her purse, which had the curious guy raise an eyebrow, trying to depict what it is. The cashier lady on the other hand didn't really care... Izuku pushed the small box back in her bag before handing the woman $200.00. After receiving the change and receipt, the girl would put her wallet away, gather up the bags, then told the two to have a nice day before swiftly walking out of the store.

She heard and sensed the man quickly following behind her, causing the girl to sigh.

"You sure you don't need help?" The man asked.

"I'm sure, thank you though..."

The man laughed, "I'm a good guy, you can trust me."

"I just don't need any help... I'm fine on my own" Izuku mumbled as she looked over at him.
The man cocked his head back before taking a bite out of the potato chip he was holding.
"Your little friends need their maid, right?"

"...Yeah"

"Oh come on. I can treat you soooo much better than them."

"They treat me just fine- like family in fact!"

"Oh really?" The man asked as he popped a bright orange, triangular chip into his mouth.

"Yes, really. They've done so much for me over the years and I am truly grateful. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go."
With that, little Izuku walked off back home, feeling quite frustrated and annoyed...