Chapter 23: Crumbling Apart

Please...
Please be alright, my little ones...

I was in the car now... Driving away from the hospital. They had to keep our twins to do more tests and to keep an eye on them.
I was a mess.
I was bawling my eyes out and Katsuki tried to comfort me the best he could.
We were in the back seat... and Bill was driving us home.

To have to be torn away from your child... Was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life. All these nasty thoughts were filling my mind... What if something terrible happens to them? What if I lose them? When will I see them again?

I was there in the hospital for days and today I was finally released...
Even being in the hospital... I couldn't hold them. I couldn't touch them... I could only just look at them as they lay in their little casings...

It was a nightmare.

~

"Oh, Izuku! Sweetie, it's going to be alright" Kacchan's mother said to the distraught girl with a reassuring smile.

"Where's my mom?" Izuku asked, her voice cracking as though she was about to cry again.
"I need to see her..."

"Oh... Hun... uhm... Your mother is out for the time being with Toshinori. She'll be home soon."

"Right... Yeah... I shouldn't bother them"

"Let's go get you some tea, yeah?"
The blonde woman would gently take the girl's hand then led Izuku into the kitchen.

.

.

.

.

.

"2 months...?"

"....Yeah"

"Oh, God..."

The two sat in silence.

"Oh, Izuku... How do we tell her?"

The blonde male shook his head, he was completely unsure himself.

Inko had no clue on how to react... She wanted to cry but she was too shocked to express any emotion of that kind...

~

Izuku was now in the bedroom, she didn't want anything to eat, she just wanted her kids... The girl was beyond heartbroken. The next few weeks would be a challenge for both her and her mother...

As each day passed, the more these two were losing faith, the strength, to get up in the morning, to continue on with things. Inko, every day at 9:00 AM, would leave the estate and go to the hospital to visit her lover... Meanwhile, every day, at 6:30 AM, Izuku got up before everyone else to start her chores as though she was just a maid again. The girl prepared breakfast, cleaned the rooms, organized business conferences, etc... This was the only thing distracting her from the emptiness she was feeling without the sound of her twins to aid her.

The only thing Katsuki could do was stand there and watch. When he tried to comfort her, she would just push him away and continue on with her work.

Inko felt terrible for having to leave her daughter all the time during this... It broke her heart greatly. But she was helping Tanoshi finish some things that he can no longer do on his own... and arrange things for the future.

Whatever spare time Izuku had, she would, with Katsuki, drive up to the hospital to check on her babies. Sometimes they weren't able to have her see them, but when she did, her and her lover would only be able to stare through a glass barrier, and nothing more. Izuku couldn't touch or directly speak to them..
Katsuki would always hug her when she stared at the twins.

As time had passed by ever so slowly, when Izuku was in the middle of cleaning, the phone began to ring, so swiftly, the girl rushed over to the phone to answer it.
"Bakugo residence" the girl said into the phone.

It was the hospital.

After some talking, the girl would then, once the phone disconnected for the call being over, dropped it onto the floor then rushed out of the room...

These chapters are most likely going to be short just because of how I set them up... (I have all titles and number of chapters already on the Wattpad list thingy) So I am sorry for that ;^;