Chapter 17

((Alex's POV))

The night felt like it had only just begun. But it was 11 p.m, and dad said me and Aaron had to be home by at least 1 a.m. Usually he was more strict, but Lani's dad was at the house watching us plus driving us home. So he knew we were safe.

If I'm honest, the whole cuddling with Sky still had me star struck. I should just get to it and ask her out.
But yet.. It wasn't ready.

"Stowe!"

I snapped out of thought when a hard caramel hit my cheek. Quickly I put my hand up to the spot where it struck, wincing in pain.
A caramel being chucked at you from far away hurts more than you would believe.

"Ow!" I snapped in anger.

The person who had thrown the candy had been Meghan. Slowly I felt my anger fade away as everyone laughed.

"You were in the thinking zone man," Samheed chuckled. "You must have a lot on your mind."

"You could say that," I sighed.

When I glanced over at Sky, my heart felt like it was falling in a bottomless pit. She looked slightly upset. When our eyes met, her eyes quickly bolted away from the staring contact.
What did I do wrong?

"We should play a board game!" Lani gasped. "I say we play Twister!"

"Let's not and say we did," Aaron grumbled. "I don't want to be tangled up with your boyfriend."

"You know," Samheed started with a fake smile as he looked at him. "I agree. I don't even want to be CLOSE to your sorry-"

"Guys stop it!" Meghan snapped to interrupt Sam before he said some nasty words to Aaron. "So Twister is out. How about Monopoly?"

"That takes forever to play," I pointed out with a frown. "We'll give up before we pick a winner."

Lani tried to think as she got up, and went to the cabinet under the tv. She started to rummage around the board games that she had. Nothing really stood out.

"Headbands! Let's play that!" She gasped as she pulled out the medium size box.

Everyone was in agreement to that, even myself included. I was going to bring up Pictionary, but I knew everyone would groan at that. They all suck at drawing minus me.
Maybe that's why I enjoy the game so much.

Lani passed everyone a blue plastic headband. Samheed's was too small for his head, saying it was just his large brain that made his head so big. Lani had just kissed his cheek and gave him a post-it note with a word on it instead.

As soon as everyone got a card on their headband, I decided to go first. Everyone was giving me hints.

"Um..." Meghan winced slightly looking at my forehead. "You are. Well you're very familiar with this item."

"Am I a paintbrush?" I asked hesitantly.

"No," Samheed sighed. "You use this item almost everyday? Well not but it's a seasonal item."

"Am I... Am I a scarf?" I huffed in pure confusion.

"No," Aaron groaned. Probably at my stupidity in this situation. "If you don't get it after my hint, then we're moving on to Lani. I hate this item because it reminds me of how successful you are."

"Ouch. Harsh much?" I grumbled in annoyance. "I honestly have no clue."

As Aaron was about to speak to tell that it was Lani's turn, me and Sky both locked eyes again. She was eager to speak, I could tell. What she did shocked everyone.