24 (Sarah)

I had to get out. I felt it coming. It was way to hot in that car. 

I opened the door and ran to a bush and let all the bile just come up. It wouldnt stop. My stomach twisted into knots. 

"SARAH," i heard Diego yell. The puke stopped just long enough for me to yell back.

"Over here." He came running over. 

"Damn. Are you okay babe? Do i need to call an ambulance?"

"No. Just hold my hair back," i said. He grabbed a fist full and held it away from my face. Then it rushed back up. 

"Okay. Im done," i said when i felt empty and drained. 

"maybe we should just go home," diego whispered, helping me into the car.

"I dont wanna go home. Take me where ever we were going." 

"Babe, you were raped. My god. Dont make this hard on yourself."

"I know. I just need to relax my brain. I know i was raped. I was there."

"Okay. Im not arguing with you. i will give you the rest of the morning. the we are heading to the hospital. the im gonna find the guy who did this to you and im going to kill him."

"you aren't going to kill anyone."

"watch me," diego said, pulling out of the gas station. 

i reached over and turned the radio on. nothing good was on so i told diego to put n a CD. he put it in and his voice flooded through the speakers. i turned and looked at him in confusion.

"we dont have any of your CDs..where'd you get this," i asked. 

"Steven made it for you, its not just me on here. there is Jahseh, and Steven. at first, steven didnt want Jahseh on the CD but i made him put him on there, for angel. you two can listen to us when you have to go back home."

"thats cool," i said, resting my head against the window.

"babe, go to sleep. it'll be awhile before we get to where we are going."

"okay."

i felt my eyelids slid down where my eyes were fully closed. i felt sleep tugging me deep into itself. it felt...nice. 

***

"hey."

poke.

"babe."

poke.

"babe."

poke.

"what the hell diego," i asked. he kept poking my cheek.

"wake up. we're here."

"where's here?"

"god gave you legs, get up and out and see for yourself."

"god also gave me ears, and he gave you a mouth. start talking."

"he also gave you and extra large mouth, which is both good and bad."

"oh my god, diego," i said, giggling. i sat up and opened my eyes. i gasped in shock. it was beautiful. we were at a beach and the sun was barely coming up over the horizon. there was a tiny breeze and it was comfortably warm. 

sarah_love: your such a crazy lil nut but i love you so much. how did i survive 17 years without you? lets just be together and live life freely :))

4,927 likes

comments disabled

 "I love you sarah," he whispered in my ear. we had set a towel on the sand and laid on it, cuddling each other. 

"i love you more."

"impossible."

we laid and just kept giggling. he means the world to me, and he doesn't even know it. 

"i got something  for you," he said. he reached into his pocket and pulled out a little red box.

"diego.. if this is what i think it is..im only 17. i can't.." i whispered, feeling the tears gather.

 "i am not asking you to marry me. it's different."

he sat up and i followed. he opened the box and took my left hand and slid a ring on it. it was beautiful. 

"Sarah Carter, i promise to love you with all my heart, everyday. i wont let anything happen to you, well not again. i will give you the stars, if i have to, so i can see you smile. i love you. i dont know how i made it this long without you. one day, i am gonna marry you. im going to treat you better than all the other boys. i will prove to you i love you with all my heart. this ring holds my promise. will you accept it," he said.

"of course," i said, leaning forward and giving him a hug. 

"i got something else for you," he said, getting up and taking off to the car. he came back with three bags. 

"i got skittles, pepsi, gummy worms, and doritos," he says panting.

"oh my god diego. im gonna have so many cavities!" 

"oh well." i smiled and looked at him. 

out of nowhere, we started laughing. i had tears coming out of my eyes. we finally cooled down and he grabbed his phone.

"lemme guess your favorite song.." he said.

"ha! go for it."

he played a song and i already knew what it was just by the beat. Him and I by G-Eazy and Hasley.

"i love this song, but its not my favorite," i said. He played another and another and another. 

"you wanna give me a hint," he said.

"its by Why Don't We. its a newer song."

then he played it. Trust Fund Baby.

"Starting now, I am going to get to know you better than you know yourself."

"Okay. Hey, have I ever told you i love you Diego?"

"Yea, and I'll never get tired of hearing it."

Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors❤️ love y'all!!!!! Please vote, comment your thoughts, and share!