Chapter 58

(Ali's POV)

After breakfast this morning, we all wanted to go explore Chicago. Emily fully has her memory back now, and everything is great.

"Babies, do you wanna go to the aquarium?" Emily asks.

"Yes!" They shout in unison.

I giggle.

"It's called the Shedd Aquarium, right?" Emily whispers in my ear.

"Yeah, just put it in the GPS." I say.

She does, and we drive there.

I'm so happy that I get to look at the big, beautiful buildings on the way there. They're all so pretty and have such great architecture. There's so many skywalks too.

"Mommy! Look at that fountain! It's so big!!" Asher says, excitedly.

"Yeah, buddy. That's Buckingham Fountain." I say, admiring its beauty.

"It's so cool mama, look." Lily says.

I smile at how cute they're being.

Later, we get to the aquarium and the twins are basically tripping over themselves to get there. I had to hold their hands while Emily grabbed the map to take us to the right places, to get tickets and stuff.

After we got our tickets, of course, the twins HAD to go and touch the stingrays.

Emily held Asher, who just pet them. I had Lily who was about to jump in and become a stingray herself.

"Lil, stop. You can't jump in." I tell her, getting frustrated.

"No, mommy. I wanna swim with the fishies!" She says and gets her arms completely into the water.

"Lillian Grace! Stop it right now, or else I will take you back to the car and we will just drive today, and not do fun things." I say sternly.

"But mommy-"

"No, Lily." I say and pull her away from the stingrays.

"Ali?" Emily says and comes to my side, holding Asher's hand.

"Em, please help me discipline our daughter." I say in exasperation.

"Ali, let me take care of this. You don't need any stress." She says.

I nod and grab a lemonade to cool myself while Emily talks to Lily.

A few minutes later, Lily, Asher, and Emily walk over. Lily was a little hesitant.

"Mommy?" She asks.

I squat down to her height and take her hands in mine, drawing little circles on her palms with my thumbs.

"Yeah, baby?" I ask.

"I'm sorry." She says quietly, while looking down.

I tilt her head up, putting my pointer finger under her chin to have her look me in the eye.