Chapter 4

Destiny POV

It's Saturday and Simon is actually home. Melody is over at her grandmother's house and Simon thinks it's a perfect time to throw a party.

I don't really talk to him unless it has something to do with Melody. Even though, he tries to have small talk but, we don't really have anything to talk about. I don't even think I want to be engaged to him anymore.

"Do you still love me" he asked.

"Yes" I answered.

"You've just been really distant lately and I was getting worried" he says pulling me into his lap while I was getting dressed.

"Do you still love me?" I asked him.

"More than anything" he answered.

"Would you hide things from me even if you knew I would leave you if I found out?"

He hesitates.

"Why? Are you planning on leaving me?" He asked.

"No I'm just asking a question"

"Destiny when I gave you the ring I planned on us being together forever. I don't know what I possibly did for you to want to leave me." He says. I feel like he's just trying to start an argument to hide the fact that he chooses to hide things from me because he's scared he'll lose me. Why doesn't he just stop doing things behind me back?

"I don't want to leave you" I sorta lied.

"Good because I'll go crazy if you're not laying next to me every morning" he pecked my cheek. Gosh, he just loves to lie to me.

I continued to get dressed for our guests.

During the party, I was just sitting on the couch bored. Most of these people were Simon's friends. Jay was here but, I didn't feel comfortable with him after I almost kissed him. I know it didn't happen and I'm probably making this into a bigger situation but, it's the fact that I almost crossed a line with him.

I went into the bathroom to get out of Jay's gaze. Jay smoothly entered the bathroom with me locking the door.

"What are you doing in here?" I pushed him. "Get out"

"Why are you ignoring me?" He asked.

"I almost cheated on Simon"

"Why does it matter? He questioned. "He's cheating on you"

"It wouldn't make me any better if I cheated on him" I replied. "Why can't you just understand that we're only suppose to be friends nothing more and we can't crossed that line especially since I'm engaged"

"Ok I'm sorry" he apologized "could we please still be friends. I've missed you"

"Sure" he pulled me in for a hug. We hugged longer than we should.

Until he slowly pulled away and stared into my eyes. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine.

"Fuck, I'm sorry" he pulled away.

I pulled him by his shirt back in the kiss. As it started to deepen he starts taking his jacket off and picks me up and sits me on the bathroom counter.

Before it could go any further someone knocks on the door causing us to break apart from each other.

"I'll be right out" I shouted.