Chapter 29

Destiny POV

"So you're just going to leave me in Atlanta?" I asked Jacob.

"That's where you were living before so I don't see what the problem is"

"Instead of being a man and talking this out you took a plane ride back to New York. Wooooow, you really are a pussy"

"You constantly provoke me Destiny. What am I supposed to sit here and be a punching bag while you yell at me and try to put your hands on me?"

"Ok whatever. I hope you rot in hell" I said hanging up the phone.

This means I most likely have to go live with my mom again if she even accepts me. I haven't went and visited her because I talked on the phone with her before I got here and she was extremely shady for no reason. She made it seem like I'm the cause of Naomi's death from the way she kept bringing up my fight with Naomi.

I called her anyways because that's my mommy.

"Hey mom" I said as she picked up the phone.

"Oh so you're finally calling me?" She asked with an attitude. "What do you want?"

"I was -" I wanted to ask her for a place to stay but, I honestly don't think she wants to even see me.

"I was calling to tell you. I might not be able to make it to the funeral"

"Of course, you won't. When will you actually be there for your family? Everyone reaches out to help you and you constantly let them down"

"I don't mean to-"

"Destiny I don't want to hear your excuses bye" she said before hanging up.

Leaving Atlanta only brought more drama that's probably why I wanted to hold on to Jacob so mad but, I'm such a toxic person not even he wants to be around me.
I got a text from Jacob.

Jacob: I wasn't going to leave you hanging. I was going to move you into an apartment and pay your bills every month because I still love you but, you don't let me speak before you react so I guess it's goodbye.

I have him plenty of time to talk. I honestly want nothing to do with him now. The only person I can call is Simon but, we literally just got into an argument 20 minutes ago.

I'll just sleep and in the morning I'll think of something.

Simon POV

"She's unbelievable. She's actually back with that guy that beat her"

I didn't tell Michelle about the argument I had with Destiny because it would only make her uncomfortable. The argument did start just because Destiny doesn't want Melody around Michelle. It would only hurt that she's putting so much effort into Melody and Destiny is acting rude towards her out of spite.

"Wow, she's going through it" Michelle said as we laid in bed together.

"Do you think I'm wrong for not wanting Melody to be around her when she's with that guy"

"No, he's mentally unstable. Melody doesn't need to be around that. You're only doing the best as a father and that's why I love you" she kissed me on the cheek.

"Since I don't like hiding anything from you....Jay contacted me and he wants to sit and talk to me so we can repair our friendship" Michelle told me.

I really appreciate it that she told me this instead of doing this behind my back. I know she wouldn't do anything with Jay especially since things didn't go well for the two of them.

"I trust you so, you could meet up with him"

"Ok baby"

Destiny POV

I woke up in the morning to a text from Simon.

Simon🙄: I'm sorry for the things I told you last night. No matter what we're both Melody's parents and she comes first.

I decided to call him.

"Simon could you please come over here I don't know what to do" I said as soon as he picked up.

"Ok I'm on my way" he responded.

✨✨

I hope you enjoyed the chapter