Chapter 44

Simon POV

"What does Jay mean when he says he'll make you happy?" I asked her.

"What are you talking about?" She asked looking clueless.

I sighed and handed over her phone so, she could re-read the message.

"He was only offering to make me forget about my argument with you" She said. "Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?"

"Because I don't trust him"

"But you know I have no intentions on cheating. I tell you everything. You're the one who still hides stuff from me or tell me things at the last minute"

"I know you don't have any bad intentions. I'm only insecure about this because you know Destiny cheated on me with Jay and he would tell her the same things. Always comfort her when we argue then, he took her from me. I love you too much to lose you to him"

"How many times do I have to keep telling you, I'm not going to leave you for him. I only see him as a friend. Let's not forget, he stopped talking to me because I chose you over him"

"I think in order for us to get past this, you need to cut him off" I said.

"Simon you know I was in a relationship with a guy who would control me and tell me who I can and cannot talk to...please don't act like-"

"If you love me you would stop talking to him. It's either me or him" I interrupted her. She sat next to me and deleted his number.

Two weeks later

Michelle POV

I feel like Simon loves me too much to the point where it's unbearable. I know he probably doesn't mean to act this way but, it's too much at this point. When he told me to delete Jay's number I shouldn't of obeyed quickly. I should of put up a fight.

Now, he answers my phone and checks it every chance he gets. He even complains about the conversations that I have with my other friends which makes me uncomfortable. He accuses me of cheating on him with other guys and I've never did that. It just makes me feel like I have no choice but to leave him.

I've already went through a relationship similar to this. I don't want to go through it again. The only person I could really talk about this to is Jay but, Simon has threatened to leave me if I continue being friends with him. I love Simon. We've been friends for years but, I don't think I could do this anymore.

While Simon was sleeping, I quietly tried to pack my things to leave him. I tried stashing as much clothes in my bag as I could. He eventually woke up when he realized I wasn't next to him.

"What are you doing?" He asked me as my heart was beating rapidly. He opened the light to see me with backpack in one hand and clothes in the other.

"I-I was just organizing my clothes" I lied.

"In the dark at four in the morning ?"

I couldn't say anything because I was obviously lying.

"So you're trying to leave me?" He asked.

"I'm just tired-"

"I forbid you to talk to Jay and you all of a sudden grow tired with me. You promised that you would never leave me"

I did promise that but, I thought he would stay the way he was in the beginning of our relationship. I still felt guilty that I was ready to break that promise. I held my head down in shame.

"If you want to leave then, go"

I couldn't bring myself to walk out the door anymore. The look on his face read disappointment. I didn't want to be like all the other girls in his past who broke his heart so, I stayed.

Destiny POV

"Destiny, we've been served" some random women said as she handed me a yellow envelope. Once I opened it, I was shocked. My mom is pressing charges on me.

✨✨

I hope you enjoyed the chapter