Chapter 27

Destiny POV

"I'm going to take him to court. I'm gonna get full custody of my child"

"Are you sure you're even going to win?" Jacob said which had me give him the side eye.

"What? Of course I'm going to win. Why would you say something so negative?"

"Destiny, I sell drugs in our home. That's not an environment for a child. Especially a little girl. Why do you think I made you leave her before moving you in with me?"

"You're taking his side" I poured.

"Just think about it your child is safer with him. He puts a roof over her head legally. I'm not stable enough to even do that for you. We can't add a child into the mix"

"You tried to make me have a child with you"

"Because having my own child could make me leave this type of life. I can't do it for someone else."

"Woooow, Jacob just stop talking" I said getting irritated at his stupid response.

Minutes later, I get a text from Simon.

Simon🙄: look, I might of came off rough earlier but, I could pick you up from your hotel and you can spend the day with Melody and I tomorrow. I mean that's if you want to.

Me: ok

"Babe, he's actually going to tell me spend time with my daughter" I told Jacob in excitement.

"That's cool and all but, we haven't got to spend any time together"

"We live together. I see you everyday. I've been away from my daughter for months"

"I don't care just go" he said with an attitude.

"I'm going tomorrow. Why are you acting like this?"

"Ever since you've got here I don't matter"

"That's because I wanted to see my daughter"

"Ok and? So you just automatically forget about your boyfriend?"

"She's my daughter!" I raised my voice.

"Stop raising your fucking voice at me!" He got in my face.

"What? you're going to hit me again?"

"...no" he walked away out of our hotel room.

The next day...

Jacob hasn't been back at the hotel since our little argument last night. I hope he's ok. I still didn't let that kill my mood because I was going to see my daughter today.

Simon picked me up from the hotel and his smell was intoxicating. It just reminded of those times I was head over heels for him and he would pick me up from my place. I immediately shook that out of my mind.

"So how have you been?"

"I'm been good" I smiled.

We went to the park because Simon kept telling me in the car we need to talk about everything. Melody was off playing with the other kids at the park as we sat on the bench to talk. I was kind of nervous because I still don't know how to tell him that I'm dating Jacob again.

"So you're happy right? I mean with Michelle"

"Yeah, she makes me happy. How about you and this mystery guy?"

I immediately started thinking about that argument I had with Jacob. I don't even know if I'm truly happy with him. Being next to Simon makes me feel butterflies in my stomach but, he doesn't feel that way about me so I just feel stupid. It just angers me that Jacob doesn't make me feel this way.

"We're doing good" I said.

"You know, I was thinking about what you said yesterday about not being able to take me being with someone else and for a long time while we were with Jay I felt the same way"

"Really?" I tried not to sound too happy.

"Even in the beginning of my relationship with Michelle, I remember pretending to be happy when I was around you to make you want to come back to me but, I thought you were over me. I'm just glad we both moved on and we could develop our relationship as friends for Melody"

"...Yeah" I answered. I didn't expect Simon to pour out his feelings like that. He wouldn't of done this months ago.

"Simon about that guy I'm dating...it's someone you won't approve of. You don't like him at all"

"Who? Jay?"

"No it's-"

"That guy you cheated on me with in the beginning of our relationship?"

"No it's not- do you seriously dislike Bobby still?"

"He stood up at the table like he wanted to fight me. There's still some anger left in me for him"

"Woooow, Bobby was the sweetest guy."

"So it is Bobby. I don't care as long as I have a talk with him first"

"No it isn't Bobby"

"Then who is it??" He asked.

"It's Jacob"

✨✨✨

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.