Lasting Effects Pt.1 (Ch.5)

Weiss- Your POV 3:34 Pm

You have been sitting in the cargo bay with Weiss, waiting on your travels to Haven. Chris has been flying for a while as you both relax; your arm is wrapped around Weiss as she is cuddled next to you. You notice she has a slight glum on her face.

You: Still thinking about those people, Weiss?

Weiss: Of course, I am. I just. We cannot let people die. We should try to help. From Beacon... I know how wrong the Grimm can attack people... So, it's harder to think about what is happening with those people.

You: As Chris said, there are no weapons on this ship. Sure, sure, we could fight them, but it would be a challenging task; we might be able to save them from the Grimm, but in the process, we might have to land or even crash. The ship could be damaged and maybe blow up and take Chris, me, and You with it. I know it is a hard choice, but we must live that this fight would be brutal for us.

Weiss: Y..Yeah. I guess you are right about that.

Then you and Weiss notice floating Pillars and rocks in the sky; it amazes you and Weiss. Both of you get to your feet to look in wonder. Weiss decides to go into the Cockpit, and you follow her. The doors open, and you both enter the Cockpit.

Weiss: Where are we?

Chris: Nowhere good. I am passing some of Lake Matsu's floating Islands. The gravity Dust that forms in these things is getting us a little turbulence. Nothing I can't handle, but the Islands sometimes hide some nasty Grimm. I'm just betting on our friends in distress, keeping them preoccupied.

Then, out of the corner of your eyes, you see a smoking and burning airship on course to impact yours.

Weiss: Look out!

Chris: Huh?

Chris takes drastic measures and can dodge the oncoming airship, but you and Weiss fall over; you catch her and take the spill with her. You hit your back hard on the wall, causing you to cough a bit before you get on your feet. You see the Airship crashes into an island and blows up.

Chris: You've got to be kidding me!

Mistral Pilot: By the gods, we've lost Percy! Help!

You all turn to see another Airship being chased and swarmed with Bee-like Grimm with long stingers attacking it. They shoot their stingers like harpoons into the Airship and cause it to stop and shake.

Mistral Pilot: We're Hooked! We're Hooked!

You all stare as you watch the Airship start pulling apart and breaking, the Mistral Pilot telling the people to evacuate the ship. But before anyone can, one of the Grimm soars from the top like a bullet and hits the Airship, causing it to explode and kill the people there. They then turn their attention to you guys.

Chris: Lancers, freaking Lancers! Alright, buckle up, Huh?

Before anything, you and Weiss Head down the shaft into the central Cargo Bay.

Chris over the intercom: What are you doing?