Breaking Forth (Ch.18)

Ruby- Your POV- 8:23 Pm

You all sit down for one big dinner; everyone is chatting up a storm and talking about Maps. Making comments about previous fights, arguments, summoning, Nora screams, everyone laughing and eating all the food. Then Yang shows off her Guns..- I mean Arm, Yeah, arms. Yang and Nora have an arm wrestle contest; Yang detaches her arm, which scares Nora in the process, making everyone laugh.

Jaune: Gyah... We ate it all... Ugh, I think I'm going to be sick...

Yang: Easy there, Vomit Boy; I believe in you.

Jaune: Ooh, we're doing nickname throwbacks now. Wonderful.

Weiss giggles at his remarks, but she is too on the side of the firehouse. Mentioning her "Ice Queen" Name, causing her to get a little hot-headed. Ruby laughed so much, and Yang gave a little giggle with it. You smile and chuckle.

Weiss: I so did not miss you people.

Nora: (gasp) Oh my gosh, she does like it! What went and warmed your heart while you were gone?

Weiss: Hey! You make it sound like I used to be terrible.

Yang: Nah. Just a lot to deal with at once.

Weiss: Hmph!

Yang: Hmph!

Ren: It's been a long time. We've all grown in our own ways.

Ruby: You really think so?

Ren: Well, think back to when we were all at Beacon, would you say you ever did anything foolish or embarrassing? Or do you think you were perfect?

Weiss: Oh gosh.

Yang: I may have been a little too gung-ho from time to time.

Ruby: Hee, you? I tried to 1v1 a Nevermore on the second day of school.

Jaune: Yeah, well... don't even get me started.

You: I know Jaune, but I still got you to do your best. Even if it seemed a little pointless, I feel like failure can make you stronger in more ways than you can know. So don't bring yourself down about it. You are still learning and growing; mistakes and failures happen. Even I had my share, which I will never forget..

Ren: Well, that embarrassment- that desire to go back and tell yourself not to be so stupid- that proves you're not the same person you used to be. You're smarter, or kinder, or stronger, and you're not done growing yet. None of us are.

You: That's what I said!

Moment of silence...

Ruby: Yeah, it turns out Ren gets real deep when he feels like talking.

Everyone Chuckles.

Nora: Well, hold on! I thought I was pretty great in school! Even at the dance? When you spilled punch all over yourself in front of-

Nora: YES, especially the dance! THANK YOU, YANG!

Ruby and Weiss laugh.

Qrow: How can seven kids possibly make so much noise eating dinner?!