Deathless Pt. 2 (Ch.16)

Ruby- Your POV 9:34 Pm

You had taken care of Sienna and laid her to rest. You returned to your group to get dinner before Nora could eat it all up.

You: Well, I got her to sleep. Now it's time to head back-aughh..

You fall to your knees as you feel slightly nauseous. Your vision is quite blurry, which makes you start seeing blue streams. You slowly get to your feet and look around as the blue lights and streams swirl everywhere.

You: W..wha..? What is this..? W..what am I seeing..?

You rub your eyes, and they slowly burn. It is causing you to grunt in pain. But you look at your hands. You see the same blue light around your left arm. But on your right, you see dark and red around it. It slowly swirls and pulsates like a heartbeat.

You slowly start to hyperventilate, and an uneasy feeling fills your body. You stumble around, and you feel like you are in slow motion. Everything is a blur.

As you look around you, spot a bird flying in the sky. It's so dark, but you can see it clearly. As it flaps its wings, you can see a bright and small dot on its chest that emanates the glow around it. And each of its wings seems to take the most of the light.

You keep rubbing your eyes and get to your feet. Sweat running down your forehead symbolizes the strain you are feeling on your body.

You try to take a step, but it only causes you to trip over your feet. You constantly blink as the blue lights swirl and confuse you even more. You fall to your knees once again and rub your eyes. Then, suddenly, your vision turns back to normal.

You: *trembling* W..what was that..? That feeling.. That feeling in my soul..? I..it hurt.. My body felt like ice... W..what kind of magic was that..?

Only questions plagued your mind. You regained some of your strength before heading back to your team.

After a rough hour of moving, you climbed through an open window.

After getting inside, you fell over and landed on your front. Your thud not being that loud.

You: A..ahhough.. Is this what Qrow means when he gets a hangover..? Ughh.. I'm now glad I can't get drunk..

You cough some blood out that lands on your chest. You wipe it all and get to your feet. Opening the door, you see everyone at the table eating. You smile and retain your composure. You sit next to Ruby and join in dinner, after eating. When you finally went to bed, your body slowly relaxed and caused you to instantly fall asleep after being freed of the burning and painful feeling in your body and from your eyes and head.

After closing your eyes, you felt a cold wave slowly swallow you to sleep...

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some income, however small or large it is, it will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want; the lowest starting is five minimum. It is entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!