Chapter 17

After the game, Noah drove us back to the school so we could put our uniforms away. We arrive back before the directors and end up standing around talking while we wait.

Ethan, the drum major is going around talking to everyone and eventually makes it to me and Noah. "Hey. Are you guys coming to my party?" he asks

"Sure dude," Noah says. "Where's your place at?"

Ethan hands him a slip of paper. "8996 independence dr." He then turns to look at me. "What about you? are you coming? "

I think I blush a little. " I mean I guess I can ask. I didn't know there was a party. I'd have to ask my mom, but I don't think she's home."

"Just text her," Ethan says. "Tell her not to worry. Band parties are a tradition. Nothing band goes on. She should remember from your sister. She always went to them."

Before I can make up another excuse, he puts a hand on my shoulder. "It would mean a lot to me if you came." he winks at me. "Besides, we just won! we got to celebrate. By the way, I have a pool bring a swim suit. I ll see you there. "

He walks away and I turn to Noah." I guess I should text my mom, but she's at work. What if she doesn't answer?"

"Just relax," Noah says. "I'll get you there and back. I'll even drop you at home to get dressed. Just tell her your going to a band party and you'll be back by 1. No problems. "

"Okay," I say and I text my mom as he says. By this point, the directors are here to unlock the door. We go inside and I put my uniform in it's back and return it to the uniform rack.

I look for noah and find him still in the return line. Julia taps me on the shoulder and appears at my side. "Hey, are you going to the party?" she asks.

I nod my head. "Mhm. Ethan person asked me to go. How can I say no to that.I don't know what to wear though"

"Hmmm" she says. "Well whatever you choose, you better look cute."

--------------------------
Noah dropped me at home so I could get dressed. He said he'd be back in about 20 mins, so that doesn't give me much time.

I go to my room and put on my blue lace bikini. It looks pretty cute on me, if I do say so myself. I them put on a cute pair of blue denim shorts and a blue tank top with braided straps. I think it looks pretty good.

I grab some flip flops and go to the bathroom. I let down my hair and brush it out. Thank god my hair is naturally straight. I wash my face and put deodorant on. When I decide I've freshened up enough, I decide for a couple final touches: mascara and lip gloss. You just can't go wrong, especially when it's water proof.

I hear a beep on my phone and check it out. Noah says he just pulled into my driveway. I grab a towel and head out to meet him. When I step onto my front porch, I notice him staring at me. I smile.

As I approach the van, I start to hear bohemian rhapsody pouring from the windows. I open the door and take a seat. Noah is still staring at me, so I ask "how do I look?"

He shakes his head and starts to reverse the car. "Good. Good. I can't even tell that half an hour ago you were sweating it up in a band uniform."

"Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment," I say.

We decide to sing along to the music blasting in the car. I will admit to laughing when Noah broke into his falsetto during the song. Not that it was bad, it was so perfect that it seemed funny, like he'd practiced it.

After awhile, we make it to independence. We're going up the street, looking for the house. We couldn't seem to find it. Noah stopped the car suddenly staring out the window. "I don't think Ethan has a house on this street!"

"What? he has to!" I say in a panic. He's worrying me. Ethan has to. He gave us an address and he wanted me here.

"No, he definitely lives on independence," Noah says, pointing out the window. "Just not in a house. "

I look at what he's pointing to and my jaw drops. We're sitting outside a huge mansion. There's tons of cars already parked along the street and I could hear music from the backyard.

"Oh. My. Gosh," I say. Continuing to stare as Noah finds a place to park.

Just before he opens the door, he turns to me and says "this is going I be one hell of a party. "

Hey y'all. Thanks for reading this far. It means so much. Keep up the love. Comment your ideas on what you think will happen at this party. If love to hear them :)