Chapter 36

Friday passed in a blur. I vaguely recall losing the game and the show went on Uneventful. It just seemed like a long night. I didn't even go to the party. I just didn't want to be around the band anymore. Don't get wrong, love them to death, just it all reminded me of Ethan.

Saturday just seemed to drag on. It seemed like time just wouldn't pass. At 5 o'clock, everyone was suposed to meet in the band room for uniform pick ups.

Since the room is so hot, most of us just walk around in out pants with the jackets off.

Around 530, mr. Gregg makes a few annoucements, followed by a pep talk for tonight's performance. Bleh. When he's finished though, we're dismissed and start heading over to the field.

I put my jacket on and meet up with Noah. We load up in his car and drive the short ride to the stadium. We get there early to unload the trailer. Normally we wouldn't be in such a rush, seeing as we have a huge stadium, but it's just not quite big enough to hold 10 trailers at the same time.

When the trailer is unlocked, we help unload the instruments and find our mellophones. We set them up and load the cases back on.

We head out to the bleachers and find our band's assigned seats for tonight. We're in the lower right portion. Since we're hosting tonight, it means we get to play the Star-Spangled Banner in addition to our show. Plus we perform second so we can just sit back and relax the rest of the show.

The other bands start to arrive and the stadium fills up quickly. There's not an empty seat left when we get up for warm ups.

We walk down to a little warmup field by the end zone and do some scales and such.

We line up in a simple block and march over the sideline. The moment the clock hits 7, we are announced and the crowd stands. Everyone turns to the flag and we begin to play. When we finish, the audience applauds and we march off the field.

The first band follows onto the field and begins to perform their extended halftime performance. (Each band has a slot of 15 minutes instead of the usual 10). What I catch of their show is pretty cool.

While they perform, we get into our spots for our "halftime" performance. We march over to the sideline and go into parade rest and watch there show from the back. Our stadium has a big screen that was showing the band from the top. It's super cool for marching bands because the. You can actually see the shapes their making.

When they finish, the crowd roars and they leave to field to their fight song.

The timer restarts and we march into the field and begin our show. The music we played for this one included the phantom of the opera, ghostbusters, the time warp, and a jaws/ superman medly. It was super awesome and drove our audience nuts.

We got a standing ovation and everyone was cheering at the top of their lungs. It was totally awesome. Even Jenny seemed a bit relived that she did good. There was lots of pressure on her and she did phenomenal. We all did.

We march off the field and head to the back of the bleachers. Our trailer pulls back in and we reload the instruments. Once that's all taken care of, we head back our seats. On the way, we stop at the concession stand for our complimentary cookies and water bottle.

We sit back down in the stands and watch the last 8 bands perform, one of which was a college. It was so awesome. It was cool to get to see and hear what other bands were doing. It made me the happiness I've felt in days. I couldn't even remember what's his face.

One of the bands came out and played hooked on a feeling. And I just got a big smile on my face. I look julia, who didn't appreciate the song and rolled my eyes. When I turned to Noah though, his smile matched mine. We even sang the Uga chachas with the band it was a lot of fun.

When everyone was done, they sent the drum majors down to the field to collect a plaque for participation in the band spectacular. I was amazed by how supportive everyone was. It was definitely not like a football game. Everyone was nice and no one was upset, not even if someone was playing the same song they were(which only happened once).

I wish every game was like a spectacular

--------------

When the game is over, we head back to the school. Noah and I head to the awaiting traitor to help unload it. We were like the only ones.

Percussion grabbed their drums and left. Half of the low brass didn't even come to claim their instruments, so we ended up making several trips to the band room to drop the stuff off. We also moved the podium and the coolers.

By the time we finally got our mellophones and locked the traitor up, everyone had left. We take off our uniforms and put then in their proper bags.

I pick my uniform up to put in the uniform room and start to it when Noah says. "Would you mind takin mine too? I really gotta piss."

I roll my eyes and turn around. "Tmi, but siren hand it over." He hands me his uniform and hat box and I take them with me.

I find the moms that normally volunteer had already left and locked the door, so I stack our hat boxes with the other and go get the keys to the door. Before unlocking it, I make sure to knock first because Id rather not find something else if regret this week.

When I open the door, it's empty and I turn on the lights. I place our hangers in the right spots and leave the room. I go back to the band room and give. Mr. Gregg his keys so he can lock up his office.

I head to the back of the room towards my band locker so I can grab my jacket and purse before I leave with Noah, who wasn't back in the room yet.

I reach in my locker and grab my belonging when I notice something unusual: my case isn't closed all the way. The latches are undone. I put my things in one hand and lift the lid.

I gasp. Inside my mellophone bell are a dozen red roses. I remove them from my case and close it. I admire them in my hand, but then I start to wonder how they got there and begin to worry their from Ethan.

I hear footsteps behind me so I turn around. "I told you I'd do anything to make you smile," Noah says.

A smile immediately appears on my face. I walk down the stairs and meet them in the front. "They're beautiful, Noah. I love them. Thank you."

"Glad to make your day," he says. I give him a hug and returns it. When I finally pull away, he gives me a small peck on the cheek. I blush.

"How about we get you home? it's almost 11, you know."

"Ok," I say and follow him out the door. We say goodnight to me. Gregg and the janitor as we go to the car.

I slide in the seat and let out a sigh. This is one of the best nights of my life.

---------------------------

Thanks everyone for the love. I tried to make this chapter a fairly long one. Don't forget to vote and comment me your thoughts. Trying to come up for good ideas for the next chapter so tell me what you think. Can't wait to here them. Keep rocking and hope everyone had fun at football last night :3 cheers