Chapter 41

After school, I went home with Julia so we could work on a project together. Well, at least we were supposed to. We had actually finished it in class today, so we essentially could do what ever we pleased all evening.

When we get to her house, we go straight to the kitchen. No one is home, but that doesn't stop us from finding the pizza rolls. We pop the whole bag in the oven and wait while they cook. When they're done, we devour them.

"Soooo," Julia says.

"Soooo," I echo. We sit there in silence, but Julia just kind of looks at me like she is expecting me to say something, but I don't.

She let's out a sigh. And decides to take the lead. "So now that you and Noah are dating, are you going to homecoming together?"

"I don't know," I say. "I mean I don't like dances very much and neither does Noah."

"But if he asked, would you say yes?"

"Well duh. I can't say no to him. "

"That's a step in the right direction."

"Yea, but it's this weekend and I don't even have a dress, so I'd be left with whatever I can find."

Julia's eyes widen. "You don't have a dress to wear? Oh no. This won't do. We have to get you one."

I roll my eyes at her. "That seems like a waste of money. What if he doesn't even ask me to go?"

She grabs my wrist and drags me from the table. "He will if I have something to do with it. Now come on. We're going to the mall.

------------

We walk to the mall and search around the stores. We try several before we find this one called debs that I've never been to.

"Honestly, I don't know why we didn't just start here. This is probably your best bet," Julia says while we enter the store.

Inside the store, there are racks upon racks of beautiful dresses. My eyes widen at the sight. I have no idea where to even start.

"What color dress should we look for?" Julia asks me.

"I honestly don't care. Just try to make it...me, you know? I want it to fit my style."

"Gotcha," Julia answers as she takes off to the racks.

I start at a different rack and search my way through it quickly. I'd never be caught dead in some of them. They look so slutty and would hug me in all the wrong places. Yuck. If I'm going to end up at this stupid dance, I at least want Noah to think I look pretty.

About 5 minutes later, Julia has 10 dresses in her arms, where as I have 1. A couple of them were really pretty, but the rest were way too out there.

I grab the few and go try them on. Julia insists I show her and each and every one.

I start with a poofy white and black flower printed dress with tool.it looks okay, but I personally have never been a fan of white dresses on me. When I show Julia, she agrees.

Next I try on a nice a-line red dress that poofs at the bottom. It actually looks really good on me, but it's a little too short for my liking. I didn't feel comfortable showing Julia, so I just told her it didn't fit and moved on.

I tried the silver one I had picked out. I really liked it on me and all, but the sequins on the top were driving my arms crazy. This one was totally not happening, but I still show Julia. She says silver looks good on me, but this dress just doesn't do it.

I have one last dress to try on. I hope that it's good so u can stop trying on dresses. I put it on and look in the mirror. Oh my. It's gorgeous. It's a strapless powder blue dress that sparkles. It has a bunch of silver jewels on the side that mark where the fabric splits to make the skirt go lower in the back. I really like this one.

When I step out, Julia claps with excitement "that's it! That's it! It has to be. "

I smile and go to take it off. When I step out of the room, Julia wisps it put of my hands and takes it to the register to pay.

As we walk out of the store, Julia says in a low voice. "Mission accomplished. Next stop, shoes."

----------------

Sorry I can explain the dress better. It was actually one I wore last year. I'll try to add on a picture so you can see what it looks like. Vote like comment please.